• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Got A Sour Deal From Koiz Guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, that's a 900.
And it shows the problem with Japanese sellers. 98% of them don't know what they are selling.

I'm not sure it is from the MIJ 101 course, but I agree that an experienced seller should know the info or know where to find it.

What I don't like in this case is saying it is a custom colour order.
He could at least have checked the catalogs if didn't know what it was. Results within one minute web search. Don't just write something.
And he knows the F stands for flame top.

jacco said:
I still will be buying from Sat.

Why doesn't the OP show the PM between him and Sat prior to buying?

Good luck to you. But remember to ask him to pack your guitar sufficiently. 'Cause when mine arrived it was it a thin guitar bag with no cushion, offering as much protection to the guitar as my shopping bag ( no kidding and no exaggeration here ), then wrapped by two layers of bubble wrap and put directly into a box, no plastic peanuts, just a couple of bubble wrap rolled up into a ball. I was surprised that the guitar arrived in one piece; actually come to think about it I wish the guitar had arrived broken, then at least I could have claimed my money back thru insurance, hey but wait, did he buy insurance? :roll:

BrazenPicker said:
+1 to the above post. It could have been an honest mistake at first, but the deflection and abuse hurled at the buyer is totally out of line. Belittling comments about the buyer only knowing three chords, bringing in the Chinese thing, bragging about his pro player guitar customer in the US, Samurai roots.... what a guy!

That's just his Samurai spirit working. :p

javamusic said:
...I wish the guitar had arrived broken, then at least I could have claimed my money back thru insurance, hey but wait, did he buy insurance? :roll:
That would be your responsibility in a sale like this. On ebay, things are not as simple regarding insurance, although ebay policy is that it is the seller's responsibility.

In real life, if you want insurance you have to ask for it, and probably pay the extra for it.

I am sorry that Sat has misled you over the sale, but I doubt he will be able to sell another guitar to anyone that visits this forum.
In the end, at least you weren't totally scammed out of your money.

javamusic said:
Good luck to you. But remember to ask him to pack your guitar sufficiently. 'Cause when mine arrived it was it a thin guitar bag with no cushion, offering as much protection to the guitar as my shopping bag ( no kidding and no exaggeration here ), then wrapped by two layers of bubble wrap and put directly into a box, no plastic peanuts, just a couple of bubble wrap rolled up into a ball. I was surprised that the guitar arrived in one piece; actually come to think about it I wish the guitar had arrived broken, then at least I could have claimed my money back thru insurance, hey but wait, did he buy insurance? :roll:

I have quite the opposite experience.
Pics or it didn't happen :)

jacco said:
javamusic said:

The zipper on the bag broke the day I got it so it was thrown away, but I can post a pic showing the box and the packaging.

How can I upload pics?[/img]

jacco said:
javamusic said:

http://s741.photobucket.com/user/fatcatmusic/library/

Bubble wrap ball box filler i'm guessing. I've had someone send me a guitar in a "gigbag" that was just a guitar shaped rain slicker, like yours, it broke unzipping lol

brokentoes said:
Bubble wrap ball box filler i'm guessing. I've had someone send me a guitar in a "gigbag" that was just a guitar shaped rain slicker, like yours, it broke unzipping lol

Yes, and that's all there is.

brokentoes said:

Yer, Sat told me has was shipping the guitar in a ' gig bag' too, wasn't expecting a body bag. A body bag is tougher, at least it could hold a couple hundred pound body :cry:

That's how my Tele was packed, minus the rolled up ball of bubblewrap. :(

Hi Jacco, it's Matty here. :)

a tele doesnt really need packing though does it...
fecking indestructible those bastards

41321d1338144462-weird-way-add-neck-relief-standing-fender-neck.jpg

Mojo Pin said:
That's how my Tele was packed, minus the rolled up ball of bubblewrap. :(

Hi Jacco, it's Matty here. :)

Matty!
Mate, you need to come here more often to show off your beautiful Tokai's.

Latest posts

Back