• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Got A Sour Deal From Koiz Guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would urge people to use a reputable dealer, with a no quibble return policy, that way you get a guitar with no issues that has been vetted, and set up properly, if there is a problem there should be a written return policy available, which should be evident before you buy the guitar,
yes you pay more but you are buying experience, expertise, and peace of mind..

and I make some money of course.. :)

or buy a beaten up one, take it to a luthier, and end up paying the same as you would for one in good condition from a dealer!!

from the quote above

"A lot of the time as well they buy guitars in poor condition do them up and sell them at a large profit."

simply not the case, its far too time consuming, costly and difficult to do this, in fact I know pretty well all the dealers, and NONE of them do this, its more likely to be an enthusiastic amateur luthier who can spend the money and the time to complete refinishes, refretting, or any other major work that a cheap, beaten up guitar would need, personally i would love to have the time and the skill to do this kind of work, but I don't and neither do most serious dealers.

villager said:
I would urge people to use a reputable dealer, with a no quibble return policy, that way you get a guitar with no issues that has been vetted, and set up properly, if there is a problem there should be a written return policy available, which should be evident before you buy the guitar,
yes you pay more but you are buying experience, expertise, and peace of mind..

and I make some money of course.. :)

or buy a beaten up one, take it to a luthier, and end up paying the same as you would for one in good condition

ok thats better put than I did...

In defense of Sat - I actually bought a guitar through him and he sent it through promptly and didn't charge much commission.

Just to give you another perspective

thanks

I've found that a couple dealers go way out of their way to disseminate information on the forums and help people with questions. I understand the solid mahogany in the terms of pancake/hollow versus solid. But Burny didn't make hollow body LP's did they?

Thanks every guys.
Well at international guitar deal.
"solid maho back" mean that it is not pancake ,not laminate back.
It is my perception.

But Buyer of this Chinese misunderstand that Solid maho back mean 1 P back.
This was the beginning of the tragedy.
The buyer has requested a full refund and return shipping, but I suggested that to the correspondence in accordance with the return policy of the store of my own, but he did not accept it.
Threatened me when you run a negative campaign if you do not accept his demands for him, was executed.

I'm well aware of the dissatisfaction coming from the immaturity of the buyer, but I can not become accepted ego buyer like this.

Buyer hurt the authority of the samurai is my roots. This is also unforgivable to me.
About 2 months also frozen goods in a small deposit, the buyer has specified delivery date until then.
I replied to his request hard. Find the reason for the return in the tiny pluses and minuses, the buyer filed a dispute to immediately Paypal buyer as soon as the goods arrive. Buyer is little Investors just, buyers do not think anyone who loves guitar.

thx.

Sat

Sat2013 said:

Sat

Sat, once more, here is YOUR description from YOUR ebay listing:

"Body: Center 2 P Solid maple with One P solid Mahogany."

It does NOT say only SOLID - it says ONE PIECE SOLID. Is that not correct?? Please see your listing here and let me know if I or anyone else here are mistaken because I am not Chinese (and that has NOTHING to do with this discussion) and I read your description as saying it has a one piece solid back:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/hand-made-LP-with-Burny-VH-1-build-by-Japanese-Lutheir-Guitar-/171187749998?nma=true&si=jzSrSBAsMADrSxee5COn8RIDhbA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

+1 to the above post. It could have been an honest mistake at first, but the deflection and abuse hurled at the buyer is totally out of line. Belittling comments about the buyer only knowing three chords, bringing in the Chinese thing, bragging about his pro player guitar customer in the US, Samurai roots.... what a guy!

The main tragedy is the bad press you are getting on this forum from people who might otherwise bought guitars from your site but will not now in the future. I would stop digging this hole and return the guitar.

I still will be buying from Sat.

Why doesn't the OP show the PM between him and Sat prior to buying?

You might still buy jacco, but I'm guessing quite a few won't be and anyone stumbling over the thread, doing a bit of research before buying, might have second thoughts also, especially as customer service only ever counts when things go wrong.

Like others have pointed out the Ebay listing is pretty clear whichever way you want to look at it "Body: Center 2 P Solid maple with One P solid Mahogany." If those P's aren't there to mean pieces then it's even more underhand and misleading.

I'm sure Sat, being a dealer, must have dealt with problems in the past as it's all part of selling, but for whatever reason digging his heals in over this one probably isn't the wisest move when it could probably all have been sorted for the cost of return postage. Seems a strange way to attract new buyers by misleading adverts and making derogatory comments against anyone with what looks like a reasonable complaint to me.

I think pride is getting in the way of handling this amicably and it could have been easily sorted out. If you made a mistake, say so.... you'll garner a lot more respect from your customer (and future customers) by taking the high road. By denying it makes you look untrustworthy or dishonest.

Sat2013 said:
Thanks every guys.
It is my perception.

The buyer has requested a full refund and return shipping, but I suggested that to the correspondence in accordance with the return policy of the store of my own, but he did not accept it.
Threatened me when you run a negative campaign if you do not accept his demands for him, was executed.

I'm well aware of the dissatisfaction coming from the immaturity of the buyer, but I can not become accepted ego buyer like this.

Buyer hurt the authority of the samurai is my roots. This is also unforgivable to me.
About 2 months also frozen goods in a small deposit, the buyer has specified delivery date until then.
I replied to his request hard. Find the reason for the return in the tiny pluses and minuses, the buyer filed a dispute to immediately Paypal buyer as soon as the goods arrive. Buyer is little Investors just, buyers do not think anyone who loves guitar.

thx.

Sat

Didn't know I am dealing with a samurai here. Your original posting on eBay is very clearly misguiding whether it is intentional or not and as a buyer, asking for a full refund is totally reasonable, nothing immature or has anything to do with my ego.

For the record, I put down a deposit to hold the guitar for a month was because I was abroad working, I made it very clear when I purchased the guitar. And for crying out loud stop saying that I am a Chinese buyer; you assume that I am Chinese because I live in Hong Kong and that I misinterpreted you description in English. I am a guitar lover just like the rest of the forum people here. I bought over 15 guitars from eBay and through this forum, I am an experienced buyer. I brought this issue to this forum and filed a dispute to Paypal only because you refused to communicate or resolve this issue; why should I go through all these trouble? I am a busy musician, I have more important things to do!

jacco said:
I still will be buying from Sat.

Why doesn't the OP show the PM between him and Sat prior to buying?

Prior correspondence was through Sato's Facebook page.

BrazenPicker said:
Given the OP's forum name, I thought it was at least as likely he's Indonesian. Not that it has anything to do with anything. :)

And given your location your bust be the tallest Thai on the forum! :lol:

BrazenPicker said:
Given the OP's forum name, I thought it was at least as likely he's Indonesian. Not that it has anything to do with anything. :)

As much Indonesian as the Java language you are running in your computer :D

Sat2013 said:
Thanks every guys.
It is my perception.

thx.

Sat

Forum members have provided him with an excuse, I am pretty sure this was not the original intention in his description. Otherwise when I confronted him he could have just told me ' hey man, I meant this guitar was not a pancake or chambered, not that it is solid one piece ' and he would get away, the sucker is on me. But he chose to avoid the question. Why, because he couldn't think of a reason at that time. But now since someone brought up that it could be an ambiguous description, he took it up as his escape route.

So please no more talk of this samurai honor ********.

Back