'79 reborn on eBay.usa

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ochay

Reaction score
This fine example is 100% ORIGINAL

This is the same original Nickel hardware/Gotoh PAF/pickups/pickguard/circuitboard/Nitro finish that she had on when she left the Tokai factory, comes with original Hard Shell case also!!
Can you say '59 Les Paul???
bought from Original owner who bought it new in Japan.
Yea Baby !!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7343650531&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Mmmmmmmmm Reborn Ls80

Looks great. Hopefully it will go to a nice home in Ireland for a nice price. Got someone else here looking for one

Wow, that's what I'm still looking for! So it might not go to Ireland ... if it's affordable ;)

ochay, take care with the "Gibson Les Paul CLONE", ebay likes ending auctions because of this! I just send you a mail regarding shipping and payment.

May the "best" one win ;)

Are you just price testing again or do actually plan on letting the auction run it's course to the end? This one wouldn't just happen to weigh in at 9lbs 15 and one half ounce too would it. No offense meant really... I've just watched your auctions long enough to feel that these are legitimate questions. Seen you yank quite a few just prior to the end and list some weight figures which always seem to be curiously just a gnat's butt under 10 lbs.
Nice looking guitar.

Clay

clay,
This one weighs a tad over 9 lbs-9.635 lbs-as a matter of fact- :lol:

Buy the way Wolfy- You have been buggin me for a while for a killer axe like this --show me the money 8) -I'll ship her to you for less than $100usd
Mike

Not to be overly PC here, but the thing that bothers me is that this guy always refers to his guitars as "beatches." I'm sure there are some female forum members out there and I wonder how they feel about it. I know it's only a guitar, and he's trying to be hip or something but I don't think he'd refer to one of his family members this way.

I see villager and skywolf have started the bidding already. Lads some advice. Just wait til the last few mins to start bidding. Bidding now only drives the price up and it will end up costing whoever buys it a lot more. Happened to a Reborn Old I was looking at. There is potential here for someone to get a great guitar for a great price to both seller and buyer. Bid now and the seller will make a killing on this while the buyer will pay more than it's worth tbh

That's why I'm buying my guitars in japan! 8)
Even if it's getting a little more pricey these days, it's still reasonable. Maybe not for long.

geezer-You have it all wrong-Your thinking *****-
I'm using a different word - Beatch
Seems like you have way to much time on your hands geezer???
:lol:

Hey Ochay,

Golly, why am I not astonished by the sophistication of your reply? :roll:

Never said I was hip - in fact I'm old enough I no longer care - so what does the word beatch mean, beach? Is this something I can look up in Funk & Wagnells? Is this one of those SoCal things?

Hopelessly unhip,

Steve

Well, this is where I get off the bus. Having been flamed once on the forum and twice in private messages by Ochay (see example* below with the naughty bits starred out), I really think LondonBarry had the right idea after all. To Luis, Ian, Ned, TokaiGuy and especially Peter Mac, take care and keep playin' and I'll be peekin' in from time to time.

Steve

* No I ment (*&) you B*TCH !
I was playing tokai's before you even heard of a tokai-
You a f*ckin punk dude- so (*&) off !!!
You have to muck time on your old rickidy hands-
You probably don't even own a tokai- You SISSY Punk BEATCH

Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear that. I hadn't seen any nonsense on this forum up until now, so it' s a bit of a disappointment.

Take care,

Jim

Steve,

From a fellow "Steve", don't leave because of that. Everyone's point is valid here and appreciated by most. It would take a lot more than some girlie name calling to deter me :wink:

Steve, I know it?s entirely your decision of course, but don?t let a few crass PM?s put you off? ha, you?d be surprised at some of the rubbish people send to me lol.

But I guess there?s more to it? Maybe you think it gets ?stale? to see same old answers to same old questions, and 99% just about Tokai guitars?

Maybe we should have a couple more categories, eg for discussion of music/playing/songbooks/lessons etc? Maybe a separate section for pickups & technical mods? Or maybe I?ll just throw caution to the wind & tell people what I really think about tonewoods, boutique pickups, $1700 Reborns, 1984 Goldstars, which guitars really sound better & why (& which ones don?t) ? what do you think? :-?

Jim - you're right, there really hasn't been much "nonsese" here. Even in this thread, seems to me like guys are pretty well controlled (maybe I missed something?). Of course if you're on the sidelines then it can be amusing to watch a slanging match, or least that's what guys seem to think on Les Paul Forum & TDPRI etc., not to mention HC (sometimes those places are just like watching a multiple car crash).

Ian.

ian said:
Jim - you're right, there really hasn't been much "nonsense" here. Even in this thread, seems to me like guys are pretty well controlled (maybe I missed something?).
Ian.

Well, I wouldn't say that Ochay's comments were very well controlled. If he's older than 12 I'd suspect he's not exactly splitting the atom.

Jim

Yeah c'mon Ian - spill the beans. Last week I pulled a 'Vester' (are they Korean?) strat copy out of a car boot sale for ?7 just for a laugh. It had been thrashed but the fingerboard wear made me think maybe it was a good guitar because it had obviously been played a lot - and you can pay fender hundreds of ???'s for that look! After restringing and tweaking it became playable - not great but OK. The overall sound is fair but the two 'in-between' sounds are extremely good - really musical and usable. I dont know what the p-up's are but when I removed the pickguard I discovered that the body is PLYWOOD!. If I can get it to play just a bit better I'll use it - no problem - it'll be a killer rythmn guitar - and it's so light. LS80 Reborn - who needs it!
Sorry to hear about all this brouhaha Steve - hang on in.

Latest posts

Back