My Blondes

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimus

Reaction score
New to the forum, thought I'd share my Tokais. 1982 on the left, 1981 on the right. Both recent acquisitions--I believe the 81 has been pictured here before.

Wulfman, nice find. I think I may try for an 80 next, that or see if I can swap out the maple neck pictured. It's a fine neck but stamped D and I prefer the soft V like the rosewood pictured.

H Grimus,

Both are ST-70S OW and OWR. The finish is Olympic White - not Blonde.
Blonde is a transparent colour used on ST-100 and 120 only or Breezysound models.
They have coloured headstock and gold hardware.
Stats are the same for an ST-60
Can yu PM me please

Peter

Peter, thanks for the info. Just curious: what do the "S" and the "R" indicate, any idea?

PM sent---though unfamiliar as I am with the PM system not entirely sure it was delivered!

Hope so.

Hi Grimus,

Got your PM - thanks.
The 'R' indicates a rosewood fingerboard, the 'S' means it was a Special model, and not in line with the regular Springysound.
Gold hardware, sealed tuners, coloured headstock, special bridge - all add up to a higher price than a regular ST-70.

Peter

Not a strat, but a "BL" (blonde) finish 1982 Ash bodied TE-80 for comparison purposes :

9694594623_f4167e167e_o.jpg

9694594867_07112f590e_o.jpg

reborn, is that the original bridge?
thought they had brass, and that cutout looks like a barden

Peter Mac said:
H Grimus,

Both are ST-70S OW and OWR. The finish is Olympic White - not Blonde.
Blonde is a transparent colour used on ST-100 and 120 only or Breezysound models.
They have coloured headstock and gold hardware.
Stats are the same for an ST-60
Can yu PM me please

Peter

Peter if I read correctly, only st100-120 are blonde??
I have a st-80 blonde from 1980

Looks like my 1980 ST80 is blonde, then - I can see pretty much ALL the grain through the finish, which is very thin nitro.

Latest posts

Back