Tokai LS neck profiles

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshinewelly

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether the neck profiles on the LS models is identical through the range and if so what sort of neck profiles do they have . I prefer thinner necks to baseball bats. For example my epi tribue plus has a 60s neck which i love.

i suggest you book a flight to tokio
or just buy a tokai already and if you don't fall in love with it let it go.
your risk is - if any - loosing maybe 100 quid.
I just saw a used HLS 160 VF for around 670 pounds shipped. including the case.
you will probably end up paying like 820 pounds.
and get the extra excitement of not knowing what the neck will be like.
On a 59 replica.

Tokai neck profile is in the middle between the '58-style "baseball bat" and the 60's slim neck on all MIJ LP-style models.

Definitely thicker than 60s profile but not a full on baseball bat.

Are you ever going to buy one? You are starting about 3 threads a day that just end up as a waste of time.

Maybe trying to avoid the scenario where somebody buys a guitar and when they come on here they are greeted with a chorus of:

"you should have asked about x, y and z before you bought it"

:)

JVsearch said:
Maybe trying to avoid the scenario where somebody buys a guitar and when they come on here they are greeted with a chorus of:

"you should have asked about x, y and z before you bought it"

:)

exactly - I just want to do my homework before buying it. Most people here are very helpful :D

Well, I'm not going to let you waste any more of my time, but I do have sympathy for the sellers you've been stringing along elsewhere.

ever see a classified as that said "no time wasters please?"

I have experience of these Tokais:

1999 LS-320 - Similar neck to my LP Custom Lite and LP Supreme - I believe that is 60's slim taper.

1985 LS-60 - Neck similar to my LP custom - Slightly chunkier than 60's neck

2005 LS150 - Much chunkier than 60's neck although not a baseball bat.

Paladin2019 said:
Well, I'm not going to let you waste any more of my time, but I do have sympathy for the sellers you've been stringing along elsewhere.

i beg your pardon - i have not strung anyone along - the agreed sale i did have for the white tokai was pulled out from underneath me as the seller sold it elsewhere despite an agreed sale.

You'll have to forgive most of the people on here, as they would not be able to understand why anyone wouldn't immediately buy a Tokai guitar. :)

But of course they have a lot of experience with them already.

As a newcomer, you are right to proceed slowly, and without blindly believing statements on the internet from people you don't know.
Generally, as long as the guitar is sound the build quality will be excellent with Tokais.

sunshinewelly said:
Paladin2019 said:

i beg your pardon - i have not strung anyone along - the agreed sale i did have for the white tokai was pulled out from underneath me as the seller sold it elsewhere despite an agreed sale.

And the quilted one?

Paladin2019 said:
sunshinewelly said:
Paladin2019 said:

And the quilted one?

Not that it is any business of yours but i have spoken to the seller about that guitar and if its not sold in the interim (which its likely to) then i will add that one to my collection once funds allow. I suggest you get a life :evil:

Some references for Japanesse LS necks

http://www.dvdplaza.fi/galleria/showphoto.php/photo/23831/title/guitar-neck-comparison/cat/1043

http://www.dvdplaza.fi/galleria/showphoto.php/photo/23307/title/img-9410/cat/1043

Do your homework :)

Matti

Back