Trem block interchangeable??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the trem block/bridge from a silverstar will fit without modification onto a springy if both are from the same time period?
Best I can tell from the pictures is that they look the same...

Picked up a 79 st-80 for a steal and the only real issue is rusted saddles.looking to replace it with one below

EDIT... SILVERSTAR BRIDGE

The Silverstar saddles are cast, rather than pressed steel. they are also unstamped so you can use any aftermarket saddles and it won't look any less original:

If you wan't to find a home for some Springy saddles, I am always in dire need of them!!

The block will be interchangeable

Sorry Suki,I mislabeled the picture above.The picture is actually the silverstar bridge that is for sale and they are stamped. Maybe the seller is wrong on what it is out of?

Hi Hunter,

If the photo of the bridge is the one you're buying, it is from a Goldstar - not a Silverstar.
Suki is correct about the silverstar saddles in they are solid cast and not bent steel.
Great looking guitar, by the way. Oh yeah, the bridges are interchangeable without any modification to screw holes or alignment.

Would it be possible to share pics of all the codes and features for the timeline. Placement of codes is also of importance.

Peter Mac

Hi peter
Yes the bridge in the picture is the one I just bought on yahoo.It was listed as a silverstar by the seller, but as you say it is from a goldstar apparently.Glad to hear it will fit the st80 and I will post some pics of the date codes from the guitar tomorrow.Thanks for the info

hi hunter

Perfect. That's exactly as it should be.
IMO it is the genuine article in pristine condition.
Congratulations

Peter

Latest posts

Back