is a 2008 LS90Q the same as a 2007 LS85

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshinewelly

Reaction score
i have eye on 2 guitars

this for ?500

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Japan-Tokai-Love-Rock-LS85-vintage-white-Seymour-duncan-Les-Paul-Killer-/111266010051?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19e7f893c3

its described as mint with lots of added upgrades

or this for ?450

http://www.avforums.com/threads/tokai-ls90q-electric-guitar.1849461/

has a few scratches

both MIJ

if i could get the LS90Q for ?400 where would you spend your money

I'd pay ?900 for the LS90Q...killer guitar.
Anyone who sells that guitar for ?450 needs to have his head read.

Guitarists make me laugh.
They get GAS and then they sell anything to get money to buy something new.
I'm not complaining, it's good for business. :D

Diamond said:

?900.00 for a used LS90q? ?450 looks like a good price but ?900 puts you firmly in LS150 territory.

sunshinewelly said:
So is the ls90q a better buy than a ls85

Tokai confuses the hell out of me

In your particular situation the LS90Q is less of an enigma and it's cheaper.

Specs wise the Q has a quilt veneer and the normal mahogany neck, while the other has a maple neck, Duncan pickups and the good case. Otherwise they will be basically the same guitar.

There's not much to choose between them TBH.

Between these two I would go for the Q because it's prettier, cheaper, and there's no doubt about its heritage.

jawilluk said:
Diamond said:

?900.00 for a used LS90q? ?450 looks like a good price but ?900 puts you firmly in LS150 territory.

Sorry, I should have said, it's worth at least ?900.00 new, so to pick one up at ?450.00 is a great deal.

My view is that it is currently very hard to find any MIJ LP under ?500 in the current market - so ?450 including the case looks a very good buy.

Secondly I have 2 premium Tokais plus my LS75Q...I'm a gigging guitarist and the LS75Q is my main gigging guitar because it just feels so right in my hands and sounds just as good as the other 2 in a live situation...

I don't think you can go wrong with either but I'd probably edge towards the LS90Q...

Yes...go for the LS90Q...........I have one from 2008 and it's as good if not better than any les paul on the market......you won't go wrong.. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

have agreed in principle to get the LS90Q for ?410 collected which seems a decent deal. there are a few scratches on it.

the fret board is described as having minimal wear

i cant post a photo so could someone check the photo at the end of the thread and comment on whether the frets look ok. they look quite square to me (dont know if that is good or bad)

http://www.avforums.com/threads/tokai-ls90q-electric-guitar.1849461/#post-20279422

Decent deal? That's a bargain! Bite his hand off!!

Hard to judge the frets, but a decent tech would be able to dress them if there are any problems. Rosewood on that board looks really rich and red - fantastic!

Paladin2019 said:
Decent deal? That's a bargain! Bite his hand off!!

Hard to judge the frets, but a decent tech would be able to dress them if there are any problems. Rosewood on that board looks really rich and red - fantastic!

I have looked again at the frets and they do seem quite flat. I have played some new gibsons which had flat frets.

So what? Big deal. Get a tech to dress them. Use it as a bargaining point with the seller if you want, but you have a great price already even with a bit of #possible# fret wear.

Latest posts

Back