Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Middle Men in Japan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimus
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Middle Men in Japan? Reply with quote

Hello all, new member.

I'm located in the US and wondering if anyone has sorted out a reliable, affordable solution to the middle man dilemma?

Seems like there's enough global interest in JV guitars for some competition to arise for the very few individuals operating as middle men.

If you have recommendations you care to share I'd appreciate it.
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Rinkya or Jauce

Grimus
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cashcow, I'll check these places out.
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shop wisely. These middle men can't / won't / don't want to contact buyers selling their stuff on Yahoo!Japan. All you have to go on is the description and photos the sellers provide.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cashcow wrote:
Shop wisely. These middle men can't / won't / don't want to contact buyers selling their stuff on Yahoo!Japan. All you have to go on is the description and photos the sellers provide.

Unless something has changed, Rinkya has a system for asking the seller questions. However it is a bit convoluted due to the multiple translations, so it takes time.

First thing with a Rinkya listing is always to get two different translations from the web then get Rinkya to do a translation of the listing if there are still questions (there usually is).
Then ask all your questions to the seller, and act quickly as there wont really be time for a back and forth.
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm thinking of Jauce. I saw a listing and had a question. Contacted Jauce to see if they could contact seller. They said that they didn't do that but they got back to me a day or 2 later with the answer.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cashcow wrote:
Maybe I'm thinking of Jauce. I saw a listing and had a question. Contacted Jauce to see if they could contact seller. They said that they didn't do that but they got back to me a day or 2 later with the answer.

Oh yeah, the old "we can do it, but prefer not to" scenario... maybe they don't want to upset any sellers.

Rinkya may have changed since the last time I used it, and I remember one auction I bid on the seller cancelled the bid and barred the Rinkya ID.
When I told them about it they said don't worry we have some other IDs that wont reveal Rinkya is bidding.

So I guess there are some sellers on Yahoo that don't want to deal with Rinkya (or westerners maybe) at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: