Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please walk me through the Tokai "Fender" guitars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrxplayer
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Please walk me through the Tokai "Fender" guitars Reply with quote

I'm looking to buy a tele style guitar. I've got a Bacchus BST-V series strat that I love.

Which Tokai guitars are the models to look for? There seem to be lots of models and designations and I'm not sure which are the premium models and which are department store guitars.

Tnx.
Dave_Mc
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Japanese ones are the good ones. Normally it says "Made in Japan" on the back of the neck heel with the Fender-style guitars.

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/vintage/index.html The ATE models there for the more vintage spec ones.

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/contemporary/index.html More modern ATE model.

I should probably point out that they don't really seem to any of the really high end models in their Fender copy lineup.
Diamond
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Please walk me through the Tokai "Fender" guit Reply with quote

wrxplayer wrote:
I'm looking to buy a tele style guitar. I've got a Bacchus BST-V series strat that I love.

Which Tokai guitars are the models to look for? There seem to be lots of models and designations and I'm not sure which are the premium models and which are department store guitars.

Tnx.

Tokai don't make 'department store' guitars.

The Vintage Series MIJ models are fully fledged Pro guitars.
The Premium Series MIJ guitars are for Pro guitarists who have a larger budget, so they buy Premium Series.

They don't make Premium Series Teles and Strats.
The ATE and AST70 are Vintage Series MIJ models and the ATE115 and AST100 models are just a higher spec models.

The Traditional Series are MIC models...they're very good lower budget guitars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: