Another ID my guitar thread......

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdB999

Reaction score
Just picked up my first Tokai, she's in lovely condition (after a good clean up) and plays well.
The pickups have been replaced, with the front reversed ala Peter Green. Sounds fantastic :evil:

The serial starts 08 and from what I read that means it was produced around 2008.
Just wondering what model it maybe? More out of curiosity than anything, as I'll be hanging onto this one......

12017391465_277d537175_c.jpg

12017686293_2ded1dd2a7_c.jpg

12017706753_20cf66364d_c.jpg

12017769904_fdbbcd3e94_c.jpg

The whole made in America/ made in Japan thing is a bit lost on me..... you shouldn?t need a sticker to tell you how nice it is. I like the way this one plays and sounds so am not concerned if it was made by a little green Martian, in his spare time after a hard days probing :lol:

All I?ve been able to gather on this one though is its made in China or Korea and has a UK spec headstock. There is no model number on it or indeed any other markings other than the serial number on the back of the headstock.

I agree that country of manufacture shouldn't count against a guitar but if you ask people to identify a model, then the first thing to establish is whether MIJ, MIK or MIC...or Fake...

As your model has an 08 serial I would say that it is MIC - production of the standard series moved from Korea to China around 2005/06 and MIK's weren't stamped with a serial number in the 2000s...

As it is an LP Custom I would say your guitar is an LC53 - so check out the specs online and you'll know the basic materials and construction of your guitar...

Glad it plays well and you love it - that's the main thing about any instrument...

Best,

john.

Latest posts

Back