• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Early 1980 Tokai LS100 OS LP Reborn, UK - SOLD!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishbonz

Reaction score

Last of the 'Les Paul Reborn' series, a very early 1980 Tokai LS100 in Old Sunburst finish, beautiful plain top with a just a feint hint of flame in places, great natural patina. With the original and the desirable 'cal-girl' Tokai hard shell case, it is in good condition but as usual has some peeling of the covering at some of the joints, easy enough to remedy. It has been gigged loads and played as all decent instruments should be by previous custodians, neck is straight and frets are in good condition. It plays and sounds great, all original parts except custom ordered Seymour Duncan PAFs with Antiquity covers**, these are Alnico 2, 8.64 and 7.95 and are sweet. There are a few dings and marks as you would expect with some buckle rash on the back, some reaction to strap around the back strap button (see pic), no breaks or structural damage. Board stamped '100', weighs in at 3.94 kg. In short this is a great playing, sounding vintage Tokai, and a very good weight, has the 'mojo' in spades - pictures don't do it justice - colour is a bit more 'mellow' in the flesh.

wishbonz said:
Bump for new price prior to possible eBay listing eBay next week.

Would it be possible to have some pics of the neck at the headstock end from the side at a couple of angles so I can gauge the profile and how steep the shoulders are. I', looking for a C rather than D profile if that makes any sense, as I've been playing 60's Fenders for too long. By all means email me at [email protected] and we can pick up the conversation from there?

ha. i have met glen/wishbonz once but no, different guitars, different sellers
please remove my surname from that post :)
lovely guitar, good luck with the sale

Back