• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - Tokai Reborn/Reborn Old

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBVox

Reaction score
Hi there, I have cash waiting for a Reborn or Reborn Old. Must be all original or at least not cosmetically altered and have a quilt/flame or nicely figured top. Different pickups/hardware considered.

Please email me on [email protected] with details and pics.

Ta, Bill

marcusnieman said:
Where are you located?

Hi, I am in the UK, Northumberland to be precise, in the North of England, but International Shipping isn't difficult to arrange these days, I've had a few guitars shipped from the states over the years without difficulty.

cashcow said:
Do your own shopping. :wink: We're not a shopping service here.

What are you on about, this is a forum, and this is the classifieds section, presumably for people wanting to buy or sell guitars?

Why put a stupid comment on my thread?

I'm a serious buyer with cash sat here to buy a Reborn.

hunter said:
Are you looking for a particular model??
ie/LS50,60,80......

Hi, not specifically, but I think likely a 100 upwards. The main thing is that it has a nice top, flame or quilt and is close to original condition. It's all relative of course and I would consider anything - they are not exactly common in the first place.

Having learnt a little more today, I might also consider an early Love Rock, again if it ticked the above boxes. Mark at japanguitars has a couple of lovely quilt top Love Rocks (LS150/200) but they are rather pricey! I'm still getting a handle on what I should be expecting to pay for what I want.

hi mate
i have 2 ls80s for a reason- anything above ls100 gets ridiculously expensive and in my opinion is subject to diminishing returns. ls120s arent all that rare, and yet are mainly veneers and will cost upwards of ?1700.
solid flame is gonna cost an arm and a leg

Thanks for that!

I don't really mind which model as long as it's got a nicely figured top, or at least not plain. A gold top would also be a possibility.

It does seem though that it's the higher numbered models that come with anything approaching a slim profile neck. "Lower" numbered models seem to be '58/'59 profile but I am used to LP Classics with "Slim 60's Taper" necks, and I love them!

I might end up getting another early 90's Classic, but I've fancied a Reborn for many years and this is the right time to try one.

my 2 1979 Reborn's necks are pretty big... definitely not a 60s profile
where are you based, as you're welcome to come try one out

Hey, thanks for the offer that's very kind, I'm in London on occasion, but live up in the "frozen north", Northumberland to be precise!

I may have to pay the big bucks and go with an LS150/200 with a spec'd slimmer neck. Something like an R9/R0 if not a slim taper.

BBVox said:
cashcow said:

What are you on about, this is a forum, and this is the classifieds section, presumably for people wanting to buy or sell guitars?

Sorry for the sarcasm. In addition to eBay try

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/128402-mij-classifieds-please-read-rules-before-posting-198.html

You'll have to register to post or answer ads

Or you can try Yahoo! Japan via a third party buyer, like Rinkya or Jauce.

Or http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/page%206%20Tokai.html

A little pricey but he has some nice examples.

I'd love an LS 80 Reborn, as would countless others, but I'm happy with my Burny.

cashcow said:
BBVox said:
cashcow said:

Sorry for the sarcasm. In addition to eBay try

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/128402-mij-classifieds-please-read-rules-before-posting-198.html

You'll have to register to post or answer ads

Or you can try Yahoo! Japan via a third party buyer, like Rinkya or Jauce.

Or http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/page%206%20Tokai.html

A little pricey but he has some nice examples.

I'd love an LS 80 Reborn, as would countless others, but I'm happy with my Burny.

Hi, sorry for being grouchy!

Thanks for info, I'm on MLP and have posted a wanted ad - I'll keep an eye on the classified section. That link didn't take me anyway on this iPad, might work on a lappy.

Yes I've seen the Goldtop, really want a flame/quilt/figured burst to be honest but failing that.....

I was looking at a couple of gorgeous LS150/200's but am a bit stunned to find they are expected to fetch ?2500-?3500 - can't quite see how they will change hands at those numbers, no matter how lovely they are.

Do they really command that figure, as asking for that and actually getting that are two different things surely!

I've got the funds to buy at that level but I can't see me doing so when I could have another two lovely early 90's Gibbo Classic Premiums instead. No disrespect to Reborns.

BBVox said:
I was looking at a couple of gorgeous LS150/200's but am a bit stunned to find they are expected to fetch ?2500-?3500 - can't quite see how they will change hands at those numbers, no matter how lovely they are.

Do they really command that figure, as asking for that and actually getting that are two different things surely!
Yes they get that money and MUCH more. I can recall one going for $5-$6k back before the GFC. The reason is scarcity; there are very few LS-200s around, and not a lot more 150s.

They are way more scarce than Historics of the last 10/12 years or so. If you wanted a flamey 59 Historic from the mid to late 90's then that may be pretty hard to find, and will probably cost a bit.

BBVox said:
I've got the funds to buy at that level but I can't see me doing so when I could have another two lovely early 90's Gibbo Classic Premiums instead. No disrespect to Reborns.
Great guitars, and if that's the neck you like I would look for a good one of those. The early ones are really excellent (of the two I've checked out of course).

JVsearch said:
BBVox said:

Yes they get that money and MUCH more. I can recall one going for $5-$6k back before the GFC. The reason is scarcity; there are very few LS-200s around, and not a lot more 150s.

They are way more scarce than Historics of the last 10/12 years or so. If you wanted a flamey 59 Historic from the mid to late 90's then that may be pretty hard to find, and will probably cost a bit.

BBVox said:
Great guitars, and if that's the neck you like I would look for a good one of those. The early ones are really excellent (of the two I've checked out of course).

Ok, well I'm sure they are awesome guitars as well but I'm not going to commit that much to one of them. I'll keep an eye out for an 80/100/120 and see what comes up, but in the meantime hunt out a nice Classic as a partner to the 90's one I've got and love.

B

320022_zps5e144a43.jpg

It went for a bundle but it's a beauty

Latest posts

Back