NGD....79 ST-80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
Stumbled across this one only 15 mins into the auction on yahoo.. With a B.I.N. OF 40k yen [ 392.00 US ] I couldn't resist. The rust on the frets and bridge were mentioned but I imagine that's not too hard to fix. From the sellers pics she looks pretty clean otherwise. Fingers are crossed till she arrives :)

hunter said:
Stumbled across this one only 15 mins into the auction on yahoo.. With a B.I.N. OF 40k yen [ 392.00 US ] I couldn't resist. The rust on the frets and bridge were mentioned but I imagine that's not too hard to fix. From the sellers pics she looks pretty clean otherwise.
When rust is the only issue, it?s a very nice score.

hunter said:
Fingers are crossed till she arrives :)
I?ll support you.

Thanks Felix :wink:
I'm thinking that masking the board for protection and a little steel wool will do the trick on the frets???......open to any suggestions.

Great looking guitar! They should call you TokaiHunter I think.
You should get a set of these metal plates with fret slots. No taping needed with them if you are just removing rust from frets. I have a set I got in Japan with a large and small one for the lower and upper frets.
frets1-300x201.jpg

wulfman said:
Great looking guitar! They should call you TokaiHunter I think.
You should get a set of these metal plates with fret slots. No taping needed with them if you are just removing rust from frets. I have a set I got in Japan with a large and small one for the lower and upper frets.
frets1-300x201.jpg

Whitetails and vintage Tokai's....the hunt never ends :wink:

Thanks for the tip on the plates...will see if stewmac sells them.

Back