'79 Reborn at Ebay.de

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont suppose you still have a link to the auction hans? Would like to see the pics the seller had up

GStormcrow said:
Dont suppose you still have a link to the auction hans? Would like to see the pics the seller had up

tls200_01.jpg

Looks like I'm getting old, it was a 1980 Love Rock LS200V sold by Guitar Shop Universe, but it looks very similar to the picture of that LS200 Reborn in the 1979 catalog, that's why I probably mixed it up:

http://www.cyborg.ne.jp/~universe/used0101/80tls200.html

And I think it wasn't an auction, but rather a direct online selling.

Thanks. I used to like the flame finish but since I saw the finish on the LS80 reborn I'm getting I think I prefer the plain finish. Especially in a darker colour. Gonna have a look through that 79 catalog now

hans-j?rgen said:
I'm interested if we can take that explanation for granted that the serial number 9000107 reveals this would be No. 107 of all Reborns built in 1979. Do you have that information directly from Tokai, togps? And is this true for all Love Rocks throughout the years, too? That would be very interesting and should be added to the main site if it isn't yet.

I've to correct it. Tokai do not start with "0". So I am not sure it is No. 107 in 1979 at that time. But maybe No. 107, 57 or 7, I think.
It is not recorded by Tokai.

Stormcrow you gotta eat man - you must keep your strength up! This is turning into a ..... well something. Holiday axed, starvation, early nights... Jesus Christ! I bet youre not sleeping anyhow - youre gonna remember this for years to come. Still - its gonna be worth it! Can we organize a food parcel drop for you or something?
First riff should be The Rocker 'cause.... this is getting silly now.Just get the guitar. Anyhow look - youre a guitar God too now.

That LS200 looks amazing - were they custom order?

Togps - the Chiswick Alps are in Chiswick in London. Near the flyover :wink:

spikeymikey said:
That LS200 looks amazing - were they custom order?
I'm not sure, but somehow all Tokai top models seem to be custom order, because there is always the notion of being able to choose the pickups or finish and having to wait at least for three months in the catalogs or dealer web sites.

@togps: Thanks for looking up that serial number issue!

Hans ,
I have a Jap friend who told me the Tokai LS120's are a legend in Japan, Better than good chance that the early eighties Tokai LS150/200 Flametops made will remain in Japan as collectors items-

I'd love to snag a early eighties LS150/200 8)

The only 80's LS150/200's I have seen were there in Europe-never made it here to the USA-

Most of the LS120's I have bought were from Japan (8 of them) the other 5 LS120's I purchased from Europe.

Hi you guy's.
Sorry to hear it's still not arrived Stormcrow - just be patient I guess. Bloody Postal 'service' :evil:
Thanks for the info Hans- J. What are the new LS150's like? Someone I know has one just over from Japan - a sunburst flametop - and may be prepared to trade it for a painting he likes ( I,m a painter ). How much is a Loverock 150 worth?
Cheers,
Mike.

spikeymikey said:
What are the new LS150's like? Someone I know has one just over from Japan - a sunburst flametop - and may be prepared to trade it for a painting he likes ( I,m a painter ). How much is a Loverock 150 worth?
150,000 Yen... :wink: There was a new one recently sold by a german ebay dealer for EUR 1,125.00 incl. vintage case which was a very good price. Ishibashi has a new LS120F for 96,000 Yen incl. case plus shipping which is also a very good price in my opinion. That model has the most important features for "Historic nerds", i.e. long neck tenon (not the usual medium sized tenon on almost all other Love Rocks), nitro finish, lightweight tailpiece. So I guess a new LS150 has them, too. I'm not sure about the flamed top being solid or a veneer, because the 2003-2004 catalog uses the term "flamed maple + maple top" for the LS120F which is also used for the lower models. So it might be a veneer, and it's also not sure how many parts the mahogany body has.

Back