Why no RG43 Ric copy posts?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard

Reaction score
Hello all, I registered and joined the forum when I bought a used RG43, the Ric 330 copy. I don't see any topics or discussion around the RG43. I know I can't be the only owner of one of these......
Mine is fireglo with the toaster p/up's still good, Tokai logo on the truss cover, curly wire trapeze, set of jangly 9's fitted, bolt on neck and, unusually, the blend knob appears to be an original fit...previous owner bought new he thinks around 2001. (There is one like mine in the 2000 catalogue but without the blend knob). I made enquiries at Tokai UK and it was made in Korea with no serial number.
Ric are vicious in their pursuit of anyone advertising used copies for sale so have they blacked this guitar on the forum??
I also noticed that earlier this year the UK distributor for Tokai listed the Ric copy again - but it disappeared from his website and on enquiry they say they no longer list that guitar - the long arm of Rickenbacker I suspect.
So, come on, they do exist - I have one and its brilliant - so lets talk about them and make a change from all the 'Love Rock' and 'Springy Sound' chat.

Come on all you Ric copy owners - come out of the closet!

I've got a Jim Harley RHK330 from 1994, it's absolutely superb.

There's no reference to that anywhere on the net either. The same thing's happening here all in the name of John Hall is my guess.

I've not heard of the Jim Harley Ric copy guitar but there were numerous Rockinbetters and Rebelrockers around at one time, as well as some other US branded Ric copies but now not one to be seen. No doubt Ric had a hand in stopping Tokai from re-releasing the Rockinbetter - but I never liked the fat R on the trapeze and the daft tongue in cheek name. I am much happier with the curly wire trapeze and Tokai truss cover, as in the 2000 catalogue pic.
But why no RG43 discussion on the Tokai forum - surely there are some other Tokai RG43 owners........

I've since had the fretboard poly lacquered and fitted a genuine R trapeze tailpiece. It looks and sounds 'right' now.
Thinking of moving it on as I fancy another tele but will have to see.

Latest posts

Back