• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Set of Dry Z's - Got a set, thanks!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely bunging a couple of AlnicoA3 magnets in some Duncan Ant's. would get you close for less money?

spikeymikey said:
Surely bunging a couple of AlnicoA3 magnets in some Duncan Ant's. would get you close for less money?

I actually like Duncan Antiquities, that's what I pulled from this guitar (1980 Tokai LS-100). If I was sticking with American made pickups I'd rather throw in some extra cash and go with Throbak's.

mertzy said:
spikeymikey said:

I actually like Duncan Antiquities, that's what I pulled from this guitar (1980 Tokai LS-100). If I was sticking with American made pickups I'd rather throw in some extra cash and go with Throbak's.

What do you like better about the T'baks over the Ant's.??

I just got given a set of Antiquities to put in a 1984 Tokai Explorer and I think they sound amazing in this guitar.

Can't be a 4 with the curve on the bottom, that's a zero, they were oval shaped

7c03e0cda29b4b25afd38fa8a8be5d0a_zps235593b4.jpg

8.jpg

Thanks jacco.

I didn't bid on it. I was going to, but had some doubts and it went for more than I wanted to pay for it.

spikeymikey said:
What do you like better about the T'baks over the Ant's.??

I just got given a set of Antiquities to put in a 1984 Tokai Explorer and I think they sound amazing in this guitar.

Believe me when I tell you I am no expert and opinions vary but for me I thought the T'backs have more string clarity and balance. I thought the Ant's have it but the T'backs more so. I also thought the Ant's have more punch whereas the T'backs were weaker, balanced, and more refined.

I never had them both at the same time, opinions vary, ears vary, guitars vary so this is all just from my limited experience. I also don't think these minor differences mean a hill of beans in a stage situation or with a lot of fuzz so I'm probably just a cork sniffing tone wanker.

Thank's Mertzy, that's interesting. I really like the Ant's - they have everything I want in a pickup. I like 'em better than a few others more expensive that i've tried - but that was in a LP not an Explorer.

Back