New member with Springy Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. Have been aware of this forum for a while but hadn't got around to joining. I am an original owner of an Olympic White springy sound bought in Toronto. st 60 maple neck serial number 11858. Really low mileage, all orig except pups, original frets very little wear. Bought at Long &McQuade I remember they had just received them and the salesperson said I really should buy one as they were incredible guitars and he was right. I think I paid somewhere around $300 as I recall. I couldn't afford a real Strat at the time! But fell in love with the look.... am not sure exactly when this was but does 1981 sound right? Anyway I had actually traded this in about 5 years ago along with a Music Man amp because it was just sitting around unused as I had other guitars, but the clerk at the local music store recognized it for what it was and kept it for years and over time I was able to buy it back. The pups were switched for Fender Noiseless but I have originals. Guitar is still in excellent condition and I will never let it go again. If anyone is interested I can post some pics.[/img]

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. I'm just down the road from you in Toronto. :) I also have a white Tokai Springysound. The previous owner replaced the original pickups with Fender Texas Specials but unfortunately also had the pickups re-wired so that they were powered by a 9 volt battery and when the battery dies, so does the output of the pickups, so I'm planning to get this guitar re-wired in the future so that it doesn't require a battery. Yes, please post some photos of your Springysound.

OK, hopefully this works. I've got a few photos on Photobucket...here's the url.

http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/danaanderic/media/IMG_00000208_zps2fc96968.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Thanks for posting them there. I was unable to figure out how to do that myself. Sorry the photos aren't better. Anyway, I'm very attached to this guitar having owned it from 1981...over 30 years! Can't believe it's been that long!

Thanks all!

Hi guys,

This looks like an ST-50 than an ST-60. I think someone's put an old '60' sticker on it.
For an ST-60, string tree should be round and serial number should be 4 digit. Neck should be 'U' profile and pups should be 'E' also.
Year is 1982, no doubt.

If you can check the pups for a stamp on the bottom of the grey bobbins, it will help.

Peter Mac

Sorry, guys
Please disregard that last post - I was thinking of Goldstar, not Springy.

I forgot to say that OW looks great regardless of which neck it has

Peter Mac

markbulloch123 said:
Ok I'll try that.

IMG_00000208.jpg[/img]

That's not the correct code.

When you paste the code in your post or reply on the message board, it should look like this:

When you submit it looks like this:

markbulloch123 said:
I am an original owner of an Olympic White springy sound bought in Toronto.

Original ownership is most interesting in our search to find out whether or not the codes need to match.
Did you ever remove the neck? Do you know the neck and body codes?

Back