'79 Reborn at Ebay.de

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Rod

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7341768999&fromMakeTrack=true

No more bargains on ebay.de??? :cry: :cry:

Is there a case with the beautiful baby??

Good luck togps!!! :wink:

Thanks Hot Rod, no case. Sorry.

Yep, the time for bargains is over. I also would like to spend my holidays for some days in the French alps.

Should I trade in your dirty and awful LS120?

Alright, togps!!

I wasn't jokin, but do you resolve your collection, 'cause this lady looks like polished and shoeshined!

What happenend to that Love Rock II?

After some time playin' that LS 120 of yours I must admit that its rinkles and dings attracted me so much, I simply can't be without..... :wink:

...are you experienced? 8)

September is the best month for vacation in the French alps ( no bloody mass tourists there)!!

Take care! :wink:

Good luck with the sale. Another top nick Reborn. Times like this I have to say thanks for my LS80 reborn with case for the same price. Gentleman and a pleasure doing business with. NO hesitations recommending you as a seller. I'll let you know when the guitar comes in :)

does the description say weather or not the pickups are original?? Don't look original to me at least all the '78 and 79 models I have had didn't have soldiered pickup covers and had all (ls50's-60's) Gotoh marked pickups???
Mike
Sure is sweet looking thought- I'd jump on her if she had fretedge binding and demarzios-the top is primo !!!

ochay said:
does the description say weather or not the pickups are original?? Don't look original to me at least all the '78 and 79 models I have had didn't have soldiered pickup covers and had all (ls50's-60's) Gotoh marked pickups???
I don't know if there were Gotoh pickups with covers, too, but the '78 and '79 catalogs might show some on the lower end models. And togps mentions that all parts are original with a COA.

I'm interested if we can take that explanation for granted that the serial number 9000107 reveals this would be No. 107 of all Reborns built in 1979. Do you have that information directly from Tokai, togps? And is this true for all Love Rocks throughout the years, too? That would be very interesting and should be added to the main site if it isn't yet.

Oh, one last thing: I still would prefer a brand new LS320 over this one for the same price... ;)

Very nice looking guitar (great photos) 8) . Again I notice those pearloid looking tuner pegs,..maybe I?m seeing those on early Reborns rather than slightly later Love rocks? On the pickups I haven?t noticed the ?X? before, are they Gotoh?s? Also the switch-tip which is white (as on Gstormcrow?s recent acquisition), ?again those are almost always ?browned out? on early Tokai LS, but maybe white tips were original on earliest Reborns? Do I see a retainer wire on the bridge, & is the wire original fitting? Is that COA original 1979? Nice model stamps to id cherry burst colour & model ?LS60CS?. Just thinking out aloud on that stuff. :-?

Hans...know what you mean, but if it were LS80 Reborn vs new 320 then I'd be more tempted by Reborn LS80 (especially at lower price). Think I could do pretty good with LS60 though,... just personal opinion I know :-? .

Ian.

ian said:
Hans...know what you mean, but if it were LS80 Reborn vs new 320 then I'd be more tempted by Reborn LS80 (especially at lower price). Think I could do pretty good with LS60 though,... just personal opinion I know :-? .
I know your personal opinion, because you've stated it quite often in similar threads. Mine is different (as I've stated in other threads), because at a comparable price I would always go for the Love Rock with the "higher" specs, no matter if it's old or new. The reason why I mentioned it in this thread is that togps wrote in his ebay auction that "the pros on Tokairegistry prefer old Reborns to new LS320". Maybe it's just that I'm not a pro... :D

Ha, ?OK I see, so Togs thinks smart guys like the old ones lol :D . Well, I just like older things in general (not just guitars). But actually I think most experienced guys would agree with YOU about the LS320. I think Loverocker ended up preferring new LS320 (though I think he may now be partially converted to 1955 Gibbo GT, yikes!) ? I think Palladin also prefers new LS200 & 320.

Ian.
Ps:- Palladin where are you, haven?t seen you around for a while. You OK mate? :-?

Hot Rod, err, I've no vacation in September.

GStormcrow, AAAAAARGHHH!! :evil:
my parcel with your Reborn comes back. German mail seems not so safe....

Ha, ha, hey, GStormcrow, relax.. just a bad joke. Sorry.

Only a nice example about the high sophisticated tone woods of an Epiphone guitar.

hans-j?rgen, re serial no. I'll let you know asasp.

Ian, re, Is that COA original 1979?
No!
re, pearloid looking tuner pegs and switch-tip.
Making pics, it's a science for it's self. Bright items appear brighter then they are, and dark ones, even darker as they are.

togps said:
hans-j?rgen, re serial no. I'll let you know asasp.
The reason I ask is that I noticed on my Love Rocks (and the two from my friend) the last number on the right side looks like it has been imprinted with a different stamp than the first numbers, maybe manually like it would be part of the numbering process.

:eek:

Dont scare me like that. I'm expecting it tomorrow morning or in the next few days

Hans, would you take a LS320 over this Beatch??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7341964453&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESC%3AIT&rd=1

ochay said:
Hans, would you take a LS320 over this Beatch??
Sure, it's not even flamed, and I always want to do my personal aging to my new Tokais... ;) Which brings me to another point: most of the forum members who praise those old Reborns these days obviously want to get rid of them for the highest possible price, so newbies beware! :p :roll: :wink: But I think with US $299.00 (with reserve) you chose a good starting bid, so ebayers can make up their own mind.

By the way, I might take off a mint 1979 LS200 Reborn from you in favor of a new LS320 if you sell it. :wink:

Hey Togps - you should try the Chiswick Alps! Thanks for the plastic - fantastic! I owe you, dude. :D :D :D

I'd like to encounter one of these LS320's and the like. I'm sure they are amazing. It would take a lot to seperate me from my '79 LS80 though - she has plenty flame too if that rings your bell. That one looks v. tasty Och baby - I do like the feel and vibe of old guitars I guess - broken in well. New guitars just feel too 'new' to me.
For Gods sake Storm - where is this wretched thing. You must be tearing your hair out by now! I am. :( See - thats me now thanks to you. I bet you've got it really and cant put it down long enough to post. Get a grip. Whats the first riff youre gonna play on it?Mine has the white type switch tip also by the way.
Hey - I'm a guitar God now! Better practice more from now on.

I know i know. I cut my holidays short and came home friday morning at the crack of dawn in case it arrived. No sign. No weekend deliveries. Set my alarm for 8am this morning. Waited, waited, waited.... etc. Gonna have another early night and see what happens tomorrow. I was too afraid to even go to the shops to get bread an milk in case it arrived so I was really hungry all day too. lol. Its horrible waiting :(

First riff. Havent thought about it but maybe some Thin Lizzy. Possibly Emerald (love the solos in it) then jailbreak, dont believe a word, waiting for an alibi and the classic whisky in the jar.

Then maybe some Queen. Then onto the usual ac/dc, led. Wanna try out van halens Aint talkin bout love ooh and deffinitely The Trooper by Iron Maiden. Awww look what you did now. I want it even more now thinking how much better these are all gonna sound on my LS80 through my Peavey Classic 50 compared to my old Ibanez sa160 through a crappy fender frontman 25r. Let the good times roll

Hans , I have never seen over a LS100 from 1979-that would be a RARE bird!!!
I have seen LS120's in 1980 and of course 1981 :lol:
Mike

ochay said:
Hans , I have never seen over a LS100 from 1979-that would be a RARE bird!!!
They exist, look into the 1979 catalog - but wear cheap sunglasses... 8) In 1978 the highest listed model was a LS100 though, but I've seen a LS200 Reborn from 1979 sold by a Japanese dealer recently (wasn't Ishibashi), so I thought you bought it... ;)

Latest posts

Back