Greco Super Sound Se 700 1976 ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have the opportunity to buy this guitar

Never seen that neckplate and the brass plate in the pickup and pots cavity. it's original? :-?

The guitar:

http://imageevent.com/chingo123/guitar1/grecose700black1076

Hi Bonzo,

I have seen the engraved model type on the neck plate before and also the brass in the cavities.
This guitar is from december 1976 and it looks like it's one of the project series models.
Excel pickups btw, which are very nice!

Hi, what do you mean with project guitars?.

Are these a high end model?. I think it's better than other se 700.

Thank you

Yes it's origional. I have a 1976 SE-1000 serial # L7637XX which was built in Dec. 1976. It has the model # SE 1000 under the serial number and has copper plating also in the pick-up cavities for noise reduction. Mine has a 1 piece body & 1 piece maple neck with birds eye. The Project Series was like a custom shop guitar in a sense and the price in yen reflexs that. My SE-1000 in 1976 was a 100,00 yen. If you research on the web you'll find information on them and also check out the old cataloges.....Cheers

Wow, custom shop... :D

And the specs of a project series se 700?. I love these guitars and this information is new for me. I don't find much info.

Thank you very much!

Cheers.

Hey Bonzo I'll check out some info on the SE-700 as the only SE's I've seen from project series catologes are SE-1000 & 1200. But as far as I understand (someone correct me if I'm wrong) project series SE guitars are the only ones that have the model number on the neck plate. Give me a bit & I'll get back to you.....Cheers

The photos are to illustrate, that is not my guitar. My guitar is the same but has Kluson type tuners. Just like a 54'.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers.

The 1977 Project Series feature 4 strats; SE-700, 800, 1000 & 1200.
The difference between the models are, as always, the specs.
The 700 only comes in solid colours and multiple piece body, PU-100 pickups.
The 800 is te same as the 700 but most likely a 2P body and has a sunburst finish.
The 1000 has a 1P body, PU-119 pickups, sunburst finish and the distinct metal scratchplate.
The 1200 same as 1000 but normal scratchplate and what I believe are foreign pickups but I leave that the ones that can read Japanese.

There's nothing custom shop about them. Just a new approach with shielding.
Here's the 700:

5940064bc8efd1add566af4c8f5036dc_zps67d10740.jpg

So, is made of better quality than the standard SE 700?.

Thank you, very much

Quality wise, it's like a se 700 super real?. neck shape of the se 700?

Thanks.

Back