• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1979 LS80 "Reborn" flametop SOLD!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers guys, can't wait to see her in the flesh!
i think you have to own one of these 79 ls80s to know there is something a bit special about them... im sure other vintage tokais have the vibe but i stuck with what i knew :)

Totally agree mono. My 79 LS80 Les Paul Reborn gold top is my fave. I put DiMarzio PAFs in it since the Goto bridge pickup was pretty lifeless IMHO.

Anyway congrats!

Oh, just curious. Is that a veneer flame top ?

No, it's a solid top - not a veneer. I changed out the treble pickup too, but it ain't such a bad sounding pickup IMHO, I just wanted to try a Duncan Antiquity really.

Wooooooow!!!! Solid top. Wow.

How many solid flame top LS80s have popped up? Seems there was a thread about this a while back?

Yeah, I thought it was pretty rare for that reason. The flame's very authentic looking - changes depending on the light. It can be very subtle or very strong depending on the angle.

Mine's a '79 flametop too, but Mikey's is the most beautiful one I have ever seen.
Congrats Andy!

I think that one of your's is amazing J., - a real stunner!!

It's a solid top, too isn't it?

Yep, solid top

DSC_0577_01.jpg

spikeymikey said:
My inbox is 18% Andy, dunno whats going on.

Unless the Phantom is trying to nobble this whole thing so he can.....................STRIKE!!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Never underestimate Phantom. He's always near by and watching ;)

Phantom said:
spikeymikey said:
My inbox is 18% Andy, dunno whats going on.

Unless the Phantom is trying to nobble this whole thing so he can.....................STRIKE!!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Never underestimate Phantom. He's always near by and watching ;)

Well, you missed that one but I guess you have plenty to keep you company? :lol:

Latest posts

Back