Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CLOSE! buyed!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluesyrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents:

Everytime i put a guitar on sale, a good guitar, no matter of the price, i always receive some email with price complaints or price drop asking...

What i think is that often there is someone out there that is trying to buy what he can't. But very often there is someone that wants really have a deal. So, usually, when somebody wants a guitar can ask a discount but he never will say to you: "your price is out of market". If he contact you is because has a clear idea that the price is in his range. Otherwise he doesn't contact you.
So what i really hate when selling is not who is trying to deal with you but who contact you just to say that he wants to "help you to understand what really you have to ask". That is really insane and boring.
Last but not least: guitar value is always given by how much people wants to pay for it. So, if there is someone out there that wants to pay what i ask, that one and only that one will be my buyer.
Amen

@Marco78: sorry if i pissed off your topic...
Reborn Old
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: High End MIJ Les Paul Black beauty Reply with quote

Marco78 wrote:
I prefer Europe seller, because in Italy I have to pay a lot of duty taxes.

Thanks

Almost everyone in Europe probably paid similar duties + overseas shipping and broker fees, something to consider.
Are you going to subtract those costs when you resell the guitar ?

The 1st is not a 2 pickup model, but has everything else you want, plus a blank headstock instead of the modern Fleur Tokai logo.
Tokai LC's are quite rare compared to LS models, so a little compromise might be worth considering or expect long waits.
These two should also include FEB, whereas most premium order Standard LS models will not.
Used Navigator N-LP 380 or 480 CTM's are fairly common on Yahoo and about the same quality or better if under 12 yrs old.

YJ auction d145129162
YJ auction d128054866

Good luck with your search !
Johny642000
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco - this was for a second hand model, high end, in reasonable but used condition. I'm sorry but I think Mark's prices are fair and reflect the current market - look at prices from Japan then add courier and import charges (circa 20% in the UK) and then you'll realise that...

Mark - thanks, I'll certainly know to pm you when I want to buy a guitar...however, following a hugely expensive separation and a new high maintenance girlfriend I'm having to make do with what I've got...glad I bought them when I did....

Cheers,

John.
LS75Q, ES130, Breezysound, Hardpuncher
1980 Silver Star SS48
Marco78
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does someone can explain what are the fees that I have to pay when I buy from Yahoo or Rinkia?
Johny642000
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you buy from inside the EU there are no importation charges but if you bring goods into the EU then you have to pay import tax.

In the UK, you have to pay tax on BOTH the cost of the guitar and the courier charges at 17% roughly

So if you are looking to buy from Japan then add roughly 20% to the price of the guitar to know what the real cost is going to be.

For Italy I would check with a courier company as charges might vary from on EU country to another...
LS75Q, ES130, Breezysound, Hardpuncher
1980 Silver Star SS48
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: