• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold: 2002 Tokai Love Rock II - One of the first - Sold

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisheyes

Reaction score
Sold my Love Rock II from 2002 - Made in Japan.

This is one of the Tokai guitars that were on display displayed at Musicmesse in Frankfurt 2002. I have had this confirmed by Bob at Tokai UK. Further to this it was sent round to the music industry magazines to be reviewed - UK Guitar Buyer and Guitarist

This is a quality guitar that is a fusion between a Les Paul and a 335. I don't have accurate scales but using the kitchen scales it weighs just over 8lbs but on the bathroom scales it measure 6lbs !!

?500 incl delivery in UK - Overseas delivery will be considered at a separate cost.(Send pm for details)

One piece mahogany back with one piece maple top with a flame effect tiger stripe veneer. Iced Tea - Satin finish

The guitar has chrome pickup rings and switches for the coil tapping of each pickups. Later models do not have the same pickups or chrome pickup rings.

H3 Pickups

No buckle rash on the rear - Contoured belly cut on the body for comfortable playing.

Photo Showing depth of maple top

Stop tailpiece upgraded to lightweight aluminium to increase tone and sustain. (Original will be included with the sale)

Soft/Hardcase included in the sale.

Made in Japan Stamped on rear of Headstock

UK Market Dimple on centre of Headstock

Straight Neck with next to no fret wear.

More photos can be taken on request.

Thanks for looking

Chris

Cracking guitar which Ive had the pleasure of playing, if I had the any wedge it would be mine!.
good luck with the sale Chris

Thanks for all your kind words Paul / Pete.

Yes, it's time for that guitar to move on as it's not getting the playing it deserves.

Paul, you know I've got far too many toys to play with and I should thin things out a bit :-?

There a red Love Rock II on ebay at the moment for a considerably higher amount. When I've got time I'll list it on there with a 'Buy-it-Now' price.

I'll take some better pictures too with a DSLR camera.

Regards,

Chris

Interesting guitar.
I'm unsure what this actually sounds like.
Do you have any sound files?
Can you get a hard case for this guitar?

Thanks,
Gary

garygkn said:
Interesting guitar.
I'm unsure what this actually sounds like.
Do you have any sound files?
Can you get a hard case for this guitar?

Thanks,
Gary

Hi Gary,

I don't have any sound files, at present. However the guitar can give a varied range of tones given its coil tapping ability. I'll try to do some when I have more time.

You wouldn't need a full hard case for the guitar as the one it comes with is equally as strong as one.

In the meantime, here are some better photo's of the guitar:-

Thanks for looking

Chris

I wish i lived in England !! Beautiful guitar once again chrisheyes !! Good luck with the sale.

Back