• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai LS-80 Les Paul Reborn 1980

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3pupLPC

Reaction score
"MAKE AN OFFER!!!"
I will entertain realistic offers for my 1980 LS-80 Les Paul Reborn. Stamped board, Les Paul logo, earlier 1980 model. It is in great condition, a beautiful player, and in need of nothing. Includes the original Tokai HSC in excellent condition.

The mod's I have done include Manlius Landmark PAF in neck, and Hot Rod '59 in bridge, Sprague Vitamin Q caps, and mini-pots. Or it can be put back to stock.

Sad to see it go, but I need to make room.

I am in the US, but will ship international, but all of the silly shipping and insurance rules will have to be addressed.

lpreborn-03.jpg

SAM_0239.jpg

SAM_0238.jpg

SAM_0242.jpg

SAM_0240.jpg

SAM_0237.jpg

i have one of these from '79 - they are KILLER les pauls, IMHO a cut above Burny, Greco and Orvilles (all of which I have previously owned)... this needs a good home and will no doubt go for a very reasonable price!

I also have a cherry burst plaintop 1980 Tokai Love Rock LS80, and it's a great guitar. I put SD Pearly Gates in my guitar.

3 years ago, you could not find a LS-80 Reborn. I cannot believe the lack of interest these days... what happened?

Yeah for me it's the exchange between our dollars, mixed with the shipping and then the duty charges = not buying much.

Super sweet lookin guitar you have there, good luck with the sale.

villager said:
one of the problems is the 25% duty paid on goods and shipping into europe... the other is people dont have money at present..

It's 15% for Australia, if over $1000 - so not as bad, but then add in the costly shipping (it is going up everywhere, and by quite a lot) and fears over shipping a set neck guitar and...

You have a handy excuse for people to not buy when the real reason might be the second thing you said.

That LS would be a great deal for a US buyer, but the prices of vintage Tokais seem to have contributed to an increase in patriotism amongst local US buyers.

Only my opinion, but there is still very strong support for local US product, and rightly so really. I just think it was an easier sell when the Japanese imports were more inexpensive.

thanks for the input guys... maybe the market will bounce back after the next election.

Latest posts

Back