acm50f need info please.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barne72

Reaction score
Hi can anyone shed any light on my acm50f acoustic.
serial number-060291
anyone know what year its from cant find date for it anywhere.
pics in link

http://s1326.photobucket.com/albums/u658/barne72/

I think I just bought this guitar.

Anyone know what it is? Headstock with the torch looks like a TCM model?

Thanks!

I also think its an export model because it has the "A" prefix. Could it have been the CE83 from a few years ago ???

http://www.tokaijapan.com/catseyes.html

Its really hard to figure out the Acoustics, i have a Tokai J-200 copy MIK and it has a white inside label. Only thing i can suggest is to try an find a catalog, but acoustic catalogs are pretty rare too.

Looks like a really nice guitar, very blingy with all that abalone for the fret markers and the binding. Kind of guitar that you'd expect to see someone pull out for their gig at Carnegie hall.

Do you have it up on the 'bay right now ??

Yep I posted it on ebay today.

I just got a 1977 Takamine F370S that is an amazing guitar, so I am letting this one go to pay for some bills.

Not sure about the case that came with it. It says Tokai on it, but can't tell if that was put on by a previous owner or not?

This is the only guitar i can find that resembles yours at all. Perhaps yours was made before they moved production to china ??

2dbmool.jpg

TOP : AAA Solid Sitka Spruce
SIDE&BACK : Solid Indian Rosewood
NECK : Mahogany U Shape
FINGERBOAD : Ebony
MACHINEHEADS : Glover 102 GOLD
HEAD STOCK INLAY : Flower Pot, Abalone Pearl
POSITION MARKS : Hexagon Abalone Pearl
PICKGUARD : Tortoise Shell Pattern
SOUND HOLE INLAY : Abalone & Black, White
TOP SIDE BINDING : Abalone and Black & White
BACK CENTER INLAY : Mozaic
Price : 199,500 yen(Include Tax)
With Hard Shell Case
MADE IN CHINA

Well if you take into consideration the price tag on the new MIC ones, that guitar you have would not have been cheap, whenever it was from.

Back