Just bought a Pearl Les Paul Custom

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyl

Reaction score
Ok, it's a bit dirty and beat up, crappy non-original pickups & case, and it needs a setup badly, but I got it for cheap:

Pearl01_zpscdbf4dd6.jpg

Pearl02_zps6998f5d1.jpg

I just LOVE mother of pearl inlays & fret edge binding! 8)

Pearl03_zps66ee89a3.jpg

Pearl04_zps49f55bd4.jpg

BTW, any clue on what the bridge pickup is?
(Neck is an old Jackson one, didn't have the time to pull them out and have a closer look, just shot the pics and went to work!)

Pearl05_zps3f5df574.jpg

... From what I understand by reading some old topics it should be made in Japan by Matsumoku in the late '70s/early '80s, right?

HNGD!

Pics of the cavities and maybe post could help determining which factory made your Pearl.

Thanks!

Will post the cavities pics as soon as I've got the time to shoot them.

Here they are:

Cavities_zps24fb42d0.jpg

Neck pickup cavity:

NeckCavity_zpsf6fdc8df.jpg

Bridge pickup cavity:

BridgeCavity_zpsf6285103.jpg

Jackson neck pickup:

NeckPU_zps31d52baa.jpg

Mysterious bridge pickup:

BridgePU_zps5ceea9b9.jpg

Well, well, well. A dowel tenon and diagonal wire routing. Also no tab routing. A combination I have not seen before, at least not the more well known brands/factories. You can rule out Matsumoku. Might be a more obscure, smaller factory. These features will date it around 1977/78.
Do you have a picture of the control cavity?

Argh!
... No, I don't have any. :x :oops:

Will have to shoot them this evening after work...

Here we go (sorry about the crappy phone pics, I was in a hurry and couldn't find the camera :oops: ):

pearl01_zpsdbad6f16.jpg

pearl02_zps1d2418e9.jpg

jacco said:
Well, well, well. A dowel tenon and diagonal wire routing.
Is this a bad or a good craftmanship?
Always wanted to find out as much as possible on these guitars.
Found few great posts here on the forum and probably Pearl LPC where Matsumoko made wich later on countinued as CORT guitars.
I recently found this thred and the my PEARL and this CORT realy have a lot of similarities
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/111071-cortez-les-paul-custom.html

Latest posts

Back