Info on 335 type guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swarmjar

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, so please excuse me if these are frequently asked questions. I am interested in the 335 style guitar. Any suggestions on where to order one from to ship to the US? How do they compare to the real Gibson 335? I am looking to replace an old 335 that I just don't feel comfortable taking to gigs anymore. The Tokai 335 looks like it may be just the ticket. Any owners that can provide me with some insight?

Thanks in advance,

G

If you're going to be shipping a guitar in then it might be worth contacting some Japanese vintage dealers to try and find an old ES100, 150 or 200 model. I'm lucky enough to own an ES100 from around '81 and its a superb guitar. I've certainly prefered it to new Gibson 335s I've played. I haven't tried the new Tokai 335s so I couldn't say there, but generally I've found the older Tokais to be better built guitars than the newer ones (just my opinion before anyone shouts me down :smile: ). The only problem you may have if you do find one is that you might not want to gig it either! Anyway, check out my 'Tokai 335' and 'LS / TLS construction' threads on this forum for some links to Japanese sites.

Cheers

James

Latest posts

Back