• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

On Ebay now.....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost my *** on the Tokai SG Special.... pretty much gave it away. I f*cking hate the jackass tirekickers on ebay with their phoney baloney "Hey I'll buy it off you if you give me a BIN price"... and then they never bid on it. I held out and didn't sell it off auction and I got raped. Pisses me off. The ***** about it was I didn't have to sell it - thought it would fetch good cash.

The Fender Japan Tele Gib went for less than I suspected too.... the Burny SG I'm okay with.

Suck it Ebay... you and your stinking fees too....

Bad news Marcus, ebay can be so unpredictable.

You still got your Greco junior tho' - hang on to it!!

Dammit, i spent yesterday in emergency getting my foot X-rayed for a possible fracture, i missed the closing bidding as I wasn't near a computer, i sometimes think the universe actually conspires against my ***. I started the bidding, but i should have just put my highest bid in there right away, now all i got is a fucked up foot and no Tokai !! I'm sorry about your auction Marcus, that just sucks.

Bad luck mate...

I took a big bath on something a few months ago - got less than half price for it. Spent the last 12 hours of the auction with my subconscious screaming at me to cancel the listing. Should have listened to it.

Let it go. After some of the 60's guitars I've let go in the past I don't lose any sleep over modern Japanese copies.

And you can't keep 'em all - they'll end up owning you. :(

JVsearch said:
Bad luck mate...

I took a big bath on something a few months ago - got less than half price for it. Spent the last 12 hours of the auction with my subconscious screaming at me to cancel the listing. Should have listened to it.

Let it go. After some of the 60's guitars I've let go in the past I don't lose any sleep over modern Japanese copies.

And you can't keep 'em all - they'll end up owning you. :(

Yeah, I was going to pull both from auction because my gut told me to. However, had a forum member bidding on one of them and didn't feel right about it.

Point is, I didn't HAVE to sell them. Dammit.... still churns me up thinking about it. I have some other stuff I'm going to sell.... will check with all of you first before I put them up. I'd rather sell off eBay anyway.

Chalk this one up to experience..... Like I've always said, guitars are only worth what someone will pay for them when the time comes to sell them.

Shame it didn't go better for you Marcus,you have some beautiful guitars...I too should start thinning the collection, but I'm to stubborn to take any loss at this time.The economy will have improved in my opinion when people have money to throw around on luxuries like mij guitars again :-?

I'm just going to put them up for what I want for them..... If they don't sell, they don't sell.

Not doing Craigslist either... that's worse. Nothing but tire kickers, trying to do swap deals, dealers lowballing offers..... and then people want to come to your house to see and play the gear..... screw that. :evil:

The economy is better than it was which is why I thought it to be a better time to sell. It's a crapshoot....

I'm just going to put them up for what I want for them..... If they don't sell, they don't sell.

Not doing Craigslist either... that's worse. Nothing but tire kickers, trying to do swap deals, dealers lowballing offers..... and then people want to come to your house to see and play the gear..... screw that.

The economy is better than it was which is why I thought it to be a better time to sell. It's a crapshoot....

Totally agree. I have had a few guitars on ebay for a while and am holding the line on what I will take. The economy is still a little shaky here in the U.S. but real estate sales are beginning to heat up. I think it's just about to turn the corner.

Oh and Craigslist doubly sucks since they spam you to get your e-mail then there is no telling where that will lead to.

I may pull mine down and wait a few weeks. People get tired of seeing the same listings sometimes. When you pull them they sometimes realize what you were selling was actually hard to find, and it can kickstart things.

As for losing money on your sale, hopefully you will score a good deal soon to balance it out. :wink:

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back