Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On Ebay now.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimtalkbox
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've put a bid in on the Burny SG. Hopefully it'll work out!
Sigmania
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To ship a guitar within Canada costs more than $35 lol.

To ship within the US costs more too. Shipping costs have gone up in the last year. When I ship a guitar to the west coast from North Carolina thru UPS it typically runs around $70 for an electric. It used to be more like $50.

Best of luck with your sales, you have some beauties!
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice guitars there, especially the Tokai SG!
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.... yeah, the shipping costs have gone up. Way I look at it, $35 will help me recoup about half the cost (or some of my selling fees) over shipping for free.

Puzzling auction.... tons of hits on the Tele Gib and SG Special, lots of people watching but no one jumping in til just now..... makes me kind of squeamish - I'm hoping for a strong finish or I'm going to lose my ass on these.

Thanks to those of you who have bid. You all know that I take good care of my gear and I have some great pieces.
davejm
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Tokai SG is beautiful.
And I'm in the UK.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost my ass on the Tokai SG Special.... pretty much gave it away. I f*cking hate the jackass tirekickers on ebay with their phoney baloney "Hey I'll buy it off you if you give me a BIN price"... and then they never bid on it. I held out and didn't sell it off auction and I got raped. Pisses me off. The bitch about it was I didn't have to sell it - thought it would fetch good cash.

The Fender Japan Tele Gib went for less than I suspected too.... the Burny SG I'm okay with.

Suck it Ebay... you and your stinking fees too....
spikeymikey
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news Marcus, ebay can be so unpredictable.

You still got your Greco junior tho' - hang on to it!!
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, i spent yesterday in emergency getting my foot X-rayed for a possible fracture, i missed the closing bidding as I wasn't near a computer, i sometimes think the universe actually conspires against my ass. I started the bidding, but i should have just put my highest bid in there right away, now all i got is a fucked up foot and no Tokai !! I'm sorry about your auction Marcus, that just sucks.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck mate...

I took a big bath on something a few months ago - got less than half price for it. Spent the last 12 hours of the auction with my subconscious screaming at me to cancel the listing. Should have listened to it.

Let it go. After some of the 60's guitars I've let go in the past I don't lose any sleep over modern Japanese copies.

And you can't keep 'em all - they'll end up owning you.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVsearch wrote:
Bad luck mate...

I took a big bath on something a few months ago - got less than half price for it. Spent the last 12 hours of the auction with my subconscious screaming at me to cancel the listing. Should have listened to it.

Let it go. After some of the 60's guitars I've let go in the past I don't lose any sleep over modern Japanese copies.

And you can't keep 'em all - they'll end up owning you.

Yeah, I was going to pull both from auction because my gut told me to. However, had a forum member bidding on one of them and didn't feel right about it.

Point is, I didn't HAVE to sell them. Dammit.... still churns me up thinking about it. I have some other stuff I'm going to sell.... will check with all of you first before I put them up. I'd rather sell off eBay anyway.

Chalk this one up to experience..... Like I've always said, guitars are only worth what someone will pay for them when the time comes to sell them.
hunter
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame it didn't go better for you Marcus,you have some beautiful guitars...I too should start thinning the collection, but I'm to stubborn to take any loss at this time.The economy will have improved in my opinion when people have money to throw around on luxuries like mij guitars again
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to put them up for what I want for them..... If they don't sell, they don't sell.

Not doing Craigslist either... that's worse. Nothing but tire kickers, trying to do swap deals, dealers lowballing offers..... and then people want to come to your house to see and play the gear..... screw that.

The economy is better than it was which is why I thought it to be a better time to sell. It's a crapshoot....
Sigmania
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm just going to put them up for what I want for them..... If they don't sell, they don't sell.

Not doing Craigslist either... that's worse. Nothing but tire kickers, trying to do swap deals, dealers lowballing offers..... and then people want to come to your house to see and play the gear..... screw that.

The economy is better than it was which is why I thought it to be a better time to sell. It's a crapshoot....

Totally agree. I have had a few guitars on ebay for a while and am holding the line on what I will take. The economy is still a little shaky here in the U.S. but real estate sales are beginning to heat up. I think it's just about to turn the corner.

Oh and Craigslist doubly sucks since they spam you to get your e-mail then there is no telling where that will lead to.

I may pull mine down and wait a few weeks. People get tired of seeing the same listings sometimes. When you pull them they sometimes realize what you were selling was actually hard to find, and it can kickstart things.

As for losing money on your sale, hopefully you will score a good deal soon to balance it out.

Good luck!
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks boys..... 79 Les Paul Reborn LS 60, Greco SA700, Greco ES175, Greco Zemaitis Diamond coming up....
CliffsComicWorld
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigmania wrote:
Have any DiMarzio PAFs for sale?

Have you found a pair...??.... I have a few for sale... PM me... Cliff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: