NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE Euro-tour

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felixcatus

Reaction score
Some of you might know I?m a fan.
006.jpg

So 26 years later, I?m going to hear old black again.

I have seen him live twice, and he inspirated me to go out and buy a guitar.
It was the Weld CD and VHS back then that made me decide I needed a hoby like that myself :)

For me, it was the Harvest and After The Goldrush albums.... this performance he did for the closing ceremonies at the 2010 Olympics slayed me.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iHilRqOLx8

Cool, enjoy the show. There's no sittin on the fence with Neil, you either get him or you don't. I feel for the people who don't.

The concert was fully booked, but I got lucky. While looking at the ticket provider site, a ticket sale (unpaid reservations) opened.

PS I hope I formulated this correctly, I often have the impression that I?m not conveying the message the way I want, because my sentence structure (in English) looks weird.

Perfectly understandable to me, what is your first language ??, Dutch, French, or German or ?? From my limited French i know that on paper if it looks backwards to English it's usually the correct way.

brokentoes said:
Perfectly understandable to me, what is your first language ??, Dutch, French, or German or ?? From my limited French i know that on paper if it looks backwards to English it's usually the correct way.

My first language is Dutch(Flemish), my second is French.
I once saw an interview with Howard Gutman, the American ambassador in Belgium. He was trying to learn Flemish, I remember him saying it was very weird to make sentences the other way around.
Nice guy, by the way.

Cool. I saw him back in the 80s a couple of times. One was a solo show followed by him playing 50s music with "The Shocking Pinks".

Another time I saw him with Waylon Jennings open for him in the 80s. Weird drunken brawling crowd for that one.

What a player. I was a heavy devotee up until the late 70s but my favourite NY leads are via the first album fuzztones and the 2nd album's (no idea of the gtr but assume it's the Gretsch?) amped up screech.

If I had to choose just one song, it would be Cortez (live).
The things they do at 4:35?? and at 7:45?.., gets me every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GDIkb5CDUY

Latest posts

Back