Burny pup covers

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get any that will fit? From what I've been reading they're an odd size.

1024.jpg

An old post but I had the same problem, and the answer is no. You can't buy anything new that would fit. I had to buy a cover without holes and drill it.

You have to source metric 50 mm. covers, I guess Gotoh would have it and maybe Montreaux. Just measure distance from High E pole to Low E pole on the pickup to be fully sure. It is the same issue as rings, US size ones are shorter and do not fit.

Maybe Seymour Duncan covers would fit ask them and see if OK.

When looking for covers avoid the ones with chrome as it seems they interfere with the sound.Best choice is nickel.

Somebody told me that the "pitch" on the covers was different that most pups. I ended up getting covered pups from another Burny I bought and swapped them out.

luis, on both mine burny's the 50mm metric cover fits the bridge only, the neck have a naworrer measure of about 46-47mm spacing. For that I never found a cover that fits.

Thanks for the info jsck, a very narrow cover for neck and very rare I, I would suggest contacting Wolfe MacLeod and let,s see whatt he suggest, he is a very kind person and great winder.

Latest posts

Back