LS95 won't fit in LP hard case

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasdak

Reaction score
Hello,

i am the proud owner of a nice LS95 tokai
I recently bought her a nice hard case :
http://www.thomann.de/fr/rockcase_rc20804bgitarren_lpsoft_light.htm

And i was disapointed to see the tokai won't fit nicely because of a more pronounced neck/body angle than a "real" gibson.
The delicate headstock is resting on the back of the case; i had to drill the case so it fits securely.

Is it normal for a tokai LP to have such an angle ? what's the reason for it ?

Thanks!

Real Gibsons have 14 or 18 neck degree angle, so does Tokai (14 for low end and mid models and 18? for high end as origlnal 50s Les Pauls had). I have never had any issue with any case excepting one case for a Epiphone where my neck Love Rocks touched bottom. Gators work OK and Tokai Lifton cases fit like a glove (obviously).

I have not had any Rockcase for Les Paul but I returned the one in tweed for Stratos and teles, that case was bigger in size both sides by some cms. so the guitar was not fitted tight inside and I was worried when trasporting it.

well i guess i bought a case for a 14? and my tokai is a 18?...
Just to be sure : are we sepaking about the neck/body angle and not about the headstock/neck angle ?
Thanks ,
pierre from france

I guess so Pierre,but I can say my 14? Tokai LS-50 1981 does fit in my Gator and Tokai hard cases. Maybe your case is designed to a flatter topped guitar as a Special....Return it if possible to Thomann and get a Gator instead (altough don fit so tight as in a Tokai case).

Or maybe something's wrong with my tokai : that neck angle seems fairly high ; i have to to-wrap the thing if i dont want the bridge to be soo high that the stud would bent.
Strange.... anyway i looove her :)

Latest posts

Back