Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Production dates for KOREAN ALS Love Rocks ~
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TokaiLoveRock
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get another opinion. The real reason why I wanted another opinion is because I've sent mail to http://www.tokaijapan.com/ with pictures and all and they've said that it's 1990 model, made in Korea.

But I guess they've made a mistake. I'm a beginner when it comes to guitars and just wanted to know what exactly I have bought. Previous owner didn't give me much more info except that it's a Tokai ALS48 for left handed.
Reborn Old
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TokaiLoveRock wrote:
I tried to get another opinion. The real reason why I wanted another opinion is because I've sent mail to http://www.tokaijapan.com/ with pictures and all and they've said that it's 1990 model, made in Korea.

I know for certain the made in China sticker below is authentic and original.

Reborn Old
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: 2001 Limited Edition models. Reply with quote

A little background info on 2001 Limited Edition models :

It turns out headstock numbers are model numbers, not serial numbers, and so there are only three known number variations for '58 ,'59 and '56 P-90 GT models.
I've only seen the 201959 number for the '59 model.
Other numbers are reported to be 201956 for the '56 GT and possibly 205802 for the 3rd model, but this is unconfirmed.

These were a special order placed by Mike's Music in Toronto in 2001
per the MM2001 TRC script, through Active Music Products in Canada, the Tokai Canada distributor.

Specs included:
Sycamore Flame tops on figured models,
Mahogany bodies.

Regular MIK features included:
Scarf jointed necks
Threaded bridge mount inserts
Cream Pickguard,
Kluson style tuners

Thanks to marcusnieman for posting most of the above info here in 2001.

These Limited Edition models are different from Dillion produced unauthorized models distributed between 2003-2005 with white serial numbers numbers printed on clear adhesive headstock tape.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: