I wish there was a white LS195S!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricktokai

Reaction score
First of all i'm still amazed how good the love rocks etc are...since i prefer the ebony fretboard one day i'll get the LC195s...has this ever been released in white? The lc98sw looks fantastic but it would look amazing with an ebony fretboard

Cheers

rick

P.s i have the ls95vf and its the best guitar i've ever bought

You are a man after my own heart...

I have the LC180s (now LC195s) in black and it is a fantastic guitar. I would also love a white one....I have seen them on Japanese sites such as Digimart and also Rockem Music had one on ebay last year for around ?1500

Good luch with the search...there was a beautiful white navigator sold recently in the classifieds...I was so tempted but then my girlfriend ran up a couple of unexpected bills so all guitar buying is off for the foreseeable future...

I'd also be tempted if I saw white customs from Bacchus, FGN, Tokai, Navigator....or also interested in a Burny or Greco from the 80s...

Just need to find some money now...

Hi Johny, they had the white one? I didnt think it even existed in the 195s model

By the way rakuten global has quite a few tokais at great prices...but as we all know england always adds import duties so probably wouldnt me much cheaper in the end.

And yeah i know what you mean about them being too tempting to buy

I got an edwards 115c very cheap, and i like it but it's as light as a feather compared to the tokai.

Yep the black 195s looks quality

Cheers

Just ask them to made that finish for you, I guess they would accept custom colours.

Yes, Rockem definitely had a white premium custom for ?1499 last year and I have seen them on Japanese sites even though on the Tokai website they only list the LC195s as available in black...

I bought my LC180s second hand 3 years ago from Hisashi. It's a 2006 model but in very good condition. Even with the rubbish exchange rate plus 20% taxes it cost me around ?880 shipped and delivered - a lot of guitar for the money. To get the same specs - one piece body, long tenon, nitro finish, ebony fretboard you'd have to get a Gibson custom shop VOS model and that would set you back over ?3000 - so worth looking out for...

I look at Edwards models but I like a bit of heft to an LP - not boat anchor weight but somewhere between 8.5-9lbs...

Good luck with your search...

Here's mine with my LS145s...

updatemarch2010009.jpg

Since we're focussing on ebony fretboards I'll take this opportunity to show off my 2001 model LS200, which is still the only LP Standard style guitar I've ever seen with an ebony board (as well as being the best guitar I've ever played). Mmmm.... Ebony....

Photo0075.jpg

My Taylor Big Baby acoustic has it too, and it feels just as good!

all 3 pics look great.

i saw an lc180s pic of the vintage white, looks very nice

Yeah i'll see if i can locate a 195s white one anywhere then :)

cheers

Rick

Just a late update - I saw that Tokai does a white HLC-175 here in Japan. Was annotated as something like "Order Model", so perhaps ordered specially by the shop?

And it was not listed in the catalogue that I picked up from the same shop (in Ochanimizu). Nor are the very high end Strat and Tele copies listed (at 248,000 yen - about ?1600!)

I checked on a japan website and indeed the HLC-175 is still available in white.

I may be ordering one as I have a feeling it may be a long time before a white ebony one becomes available again.

Actually though, the close up photo on the fretboard looks more like dark rosewood to me? Or maybe just a ebony that is not as dark as other companies use.

Paladin2019 said:
Since we're focussing on ebony fretboards I'll take this opportunity to show off my 2001 model LS200, which is still the only LP Standard style guitar I've ever seen with an ebony board (as well as being the best guitar I've ever played). Mmmm.... Ebony....

Photo0075.jpg

Beautiful guitar.
I wonder what the difference in price is between a rosewood and Ebony fretboard?
I think I'll find out. :D

Yes, Hibiki models are special and not in catalogs and avalaible at certain shops only. Just remembers they are requested by Hibiki Corporation as special orders, they made the specs and knew how to make a Les Paul style guitar sound great. These Hibikis have a slight different feel and sound with a great attack and response to playing. Different neck size a bit on the 59 thin but not slim at all. Coulour finish is redder than regular Tokais and ABR-1 and tailpiece can be sit very low if you want without any issue. I have seen several Gil Yaron replicas pics and how low he is ablle to sit the ABR-1 so low (he uses 4 pitch neck/body angle), Hibiki specs 3,8?.

Latest posts

Back