Goldstar plastic

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Del

Reaction score
A little while ago, I mentioned here that I'd finally found the original scratchplate, pickup covers, volume/tone controls and selector switch for my mid-80s ST55 Goldstar; and also that I was surprised at how dark yellow/cream the controls had become. I posted a link to a pic of the guitar with the controls reinstated. Mirrorboy said this was now the correct look for the guitar, and Iain agreed, saying that this was the "right but wrong" look. I've now put all the original plastic back in place, but because I wanted some consistency, even if at the cost of authenticity, I first subjected the pickup covers to the coffee treatment. I'm pleased with the result, and there's a photo here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/derek_slade/8693369038/in/photostream
Incidentally, if anyone can tell me how I can incorporate a photo, rather than a link, into the text, I'd be grateful.

Looks good and I prefer the all-matching plastic. BUT ... i would have got some third party plastic and aged that instead of the original Tokai plastic which I'd have kept in original aged condition.

For embedding pix you would normally use the Img button when typing in a message. That adds a start tags, then you paste the image address immediately after that and then press the Img button to 'close' the tag.

But Flickr has made it harder. You can use its Share option and copy and paste the BBcode which results in this...

Here we are again...Tokai Goldstar ST55 by del&mel, on Flickr

That creates one of the clickable picture and text link sets that Flickr is trying to promote to promote its site.

Or you can take JUST the jpg's address from that whole bit of code and put it between the Img button's tags (mentioned above), like this:

8076530431_29b4fd8655.jpg

And then you get a simple, static, unclickable picture.

Many thanks, ampmaker, for the comments and the advice re posting photos. I was amused that you'd chosen the pic of the mice feeding for the second example: I never thought I'd see that one on the Tokai forum!

Latest posts

Back