Which Mockingbird?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kill kerensky

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
i'm going to buy a Mockingbird axe.
I'm still not sure if a BC rich one or not.

What about Aria and Greco's Mockingbird ones?
Which is the best mij Mockingbird? Are they good as les paul and strats copies are?
How much is the "right" price for one of them?

Thanx everybody who'll help me!

What spec model are you looking for ?? There are all kinds out there, even by B.C. Rich themselves not to mention the other manufacturers. Set neck, bolt on, neck through, etc etc etc .... The NJ B.C. Rich are MIJ. Usually a bit cheaper.

Yes, you're right.
I am looking for a neck thorugh model. BC Rich NJ series is good?
There aren't korean Nj also?

Well i had a NJ series mock that was set neck, lower model i suppose because it didn't have the many toggle switches to split coils etc. It was quite a well built guitar 24 frets but i just didn't bond with it. I would suggest you try the B.C. Rich forum and ask their advice,try and peg around how old the guitar in question is and pics are always good. Sorry i'm just not enough of an expert to give you proper advice. I wouldn't want to steer you wrong and there are people there who have years of knowledge.

http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

if you can still find them (they've been discontinued for a while, but still pop up occasionally, both new old stock and also used), the european-made (czech republic, I think) BC Rich calibre classic series is very nice. I have one, I picked it up on thomann for 650 euros (new) a couple of years back if I remember correctly. Duncan pickups, schaller hardware, solid figured maple top (not veneer)- really nice guitar. Only slight downside is the nato wood instead of genuine south american (or even african) mahogany, but whether you can hear any difference between the two, I dunno :lol: It's mostly maple, anyway :lol: EDIT: plus you're normally only getting the south american stuff on the really high end stuff, anyway. Granted you might get african mahogany on even the lower end MIJs.

EDIT: oh the other downside is the fret inlays stop at like the 19th fret (it has 24 frets), and the side dot markers stop too. :lol: Obviously it doesn't affect how good the guitar is, but it does mean you can get lost pretty easily (I know I do :lol: ).

I haven't tried the MIJ copies, I'm sure they're really nice too.

Latest posts

Back