Ever seen an all GOLD Burny Les Paul Custom?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indeedido

Reaction score
I've looked all over the net and haven't seen info for an all gold Burny Les Paul Custom anywhere. Anyone have any details on one? RLC70 1991 supposedly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KGrHqVi8FCzy8ojclBQ9PtQCcQ60_57_zps2cd160be.jpg

KGrHqRowFCqQzOFkOBQ9PtS7rg60_57_zpsda77ee0c.jpg

KGrHqFqkFDkP4oc6hBQ9PtWGuU60_57_zps74fa9ab6.jpg

T2eC16ZE9s2fDO1UBQ9PtKYwQ60_57_zps53d8c2fb.jpg

KGrHqNjEFDsM1GGEBQ9PtFuBWg60_57_zps66559e92.jpg

It's the first one I have ever seen. It also isn't offered in the catalogs in that colour. The colour seems period correct though for Burny and I have seen other non catalog models.
I know Tokai did offer an all gold custom in the mid 80s; LC-65.

jacco said:
It's the first one I have ever seen. It also isn't offered in the catalogs in that colour. The colour seems period correct though for Burny and I have seen other non catalog models.

I have had a Burny LP Std in all gold and a Greco LP Std all gold.
But it was so long ago and at the time I didn't care to document and scrutinize my guitars.

Hey Fredrik, I missed you at the Veenendaal Vintage Guitar show the last few times. Aren't you coming anymore?

Thanks guys. I've had a few Grecos and Edwards but this is my first Burny. It originally had a black pickguard someone changed for cream. I'm going to put some cream Dimarzios in it with cream pickup and toggle rings. I have some cool vintage Grover tuners with the banjo buttons ala Ace Frehley I'm going to add too.

It's in route to me now, should have by Wednesday. I'll post some additional pix when it gets here. I was in the market for a tobacco burst when I came across this and thought hey I've never seen one before, would be cool to mod up!

jacco said:
Hey Fredrik, I missed you at the Veenendaal Vintage Guitar show the last few times. Aren't you coming anymore?

No, its no fun anymore.
My mate was there though.
Was it good?
My mate complained about the high prices :D

jacco said:

By the way, I agree with the colour.
That urin goldy gold is very typical for those years :D

Don't know why but they never got it right (apart from Greco's LP Deluxe from 79-81).

Those pots are good quality, no need to replace them. January 1989 pots.

Thanks for posting pics of the pots, that's good info for Burny lovers for it's one of the earliest examples with a ligthning bolt on the headstock.
So far I have only a few 1989 models logged with the old style diamond on the headstock, all of them having january 1989 pots. Your example indicates transition to the lightning bolt really early in 1989.

A few cavity shots.....I thought the model number would be in the cavity but I guess I misread that somewhere. No model number on the pickups but they should be the VH4 right?

Behold, the gold! I put a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, a Dimarzio Gravity Storm in the neck, Tonepros bridge and tailpiece and some Grover Ace Frehley banjo tuners. I may totally Ace it out soon and route for a middle pickup but I'm going to play it for a while first. I'm loving it!

Those tuners remind me of those some late 50's Gibsons had.
Here on a 58 LP Custom.

Seems the tuners were Epiphone and when Gibson bought Epiphone they those tuners on some Gibsons.

(The 58 is for sale if anyone is interested in a great deal :D )

Back