• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

F/S UK 1980 Tokai LS50 'ReBorn Old' Goldtop, featherweight!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm on the hunt for a nitro finished, big-necked early Tokai (LS80+) and am selling my early '80 ReBorn Old LS50 to generate funds.

It's in great condition with a typical '58/'59 style fat neck (actually remarkably accurate to the genuine '59 Gibby's I've had..) and has a Gotoh zebra PAF in the neck and Dimarzio double-white PAF in the bridge which both sound fantastic, and save for a Tone Pro's locking ABR bridge it's fully stock.
It's a 'players' example as it has had a clean headstock repair, but on the plus side it weighs a ridiculous 7lb 6oz so rings like a bell and you hardly know it's there- which i believe is a rarity with vintage Tokai's, and has extra desirability being a rare and short lived 'ReBorn Old' example.

I feel it's a great way to dip your toes and see what the fuss is about- it's a cracking guitar!

LS50GT_80RO_zps5eaae41d.jpg

IMG_0501_zps0dcb0025.jpg

IMG_0502_zps5368e877.jpg

IMG_0506_zps164a9652.jpg

I'm asking ?550 including a SKB fitted hardshell case, and I'm open to part/ex trades too for such a guitar with Old Sunburst finishes preferred but Goldtop and others are welcome, and I'm not bothered with originality as far as pickups etc, nor particularly condition as long as its sub 9lbs and sounds great.

Thanks! J@S

BUMP, still available and now fitted with matching 500k CTS pots wired '50s style and genuine late '50s Bumble bee PIO caps, but the circuit board is intact and will be included.
I rehearsed with this for 4 hours straight tonight and not only did it sound fantastic, the weight is super comfortable- perfect gigging vintage Tokai!

Latest posts

Back