Replacement for broken tone pot on 2007 LC185

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattbarlow

Reaction score
Hello !

The treble tone pot on my LC 185 is broken, when you turn it to 0 you can turn it more and goes again on 10, meaning it does circles!

What would you suggest as a single replacement pot, since I dont want to change all my pots ?
So that it has both the same anatomy (so that the tone knob to fits on the pot head) and the same characteristics as the stock pot.

I am completely ignorant on the matter but a frind of mine can make the installation I would like to avoid a guitar tech!

Any tips are appreciated :)

Just bear in mind Tokai use metric CTS pots so ask for a metric one. I guess they are from All Parts (EP086 code).

Just replacing one now on my Explorer, you will need check, but I think that you will need long shaft ones. I had to make the hole a bit bigger as well. The CTS pot would not get through the small hole. You may want to change the capacitor when you are in there, it was a chepo ceramic that was inside mine. Nice little Sprague Film and Foil Cap in place now.

Cheers
Jock

Just for the record, only LS-320 has long whereas LS-150 got short ones (CTS) but always metric shaft.

I highly recomend changing stock small green caps to a good ones.

Thank you for your response as soon as i find the chance I ll post fotos of the pot cavity so that you ll be able to help me more confidently!

If you want a direct replacenment for a japanese pot your choice is an Alpha or a Goldo one, Goldos mearure over 500K easily ranging from 550K to 600K.

Latest posts

Back