New to Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie H

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum and Tokai guitars.
Have a few guitars but I must admit these re by far my favourites.

My LS85 Plaintop and LS95

p1496510194-4.jpg
[/url][/img]

p1469646480-4.jpg
[/url][/img]

Two killer guitars.

Where did you get the LS85(92)?
Strange to see a three piece top on the LS85, usually two piece like the LS95F(98F)

My two favourite models in the Tokai range.

A shop in Yorkshire. At the time new nothing of Tokai's so could have been buying anything. :oops:
Whipped off the covers when it arrived and everything was marked made in Japan hich made me feel a bit easier.
Weighs a ton as well which helped too.

I'm new to Tokai and on the brink of looking to buy what seems to be a 2000-2001 RG43 in Fireglow with a bolt on neck, Tokai truss cover, raised pick guard and unusually five knobs and a switch. Chap bought it new and now looks to sell. I have looked into these and apparently they are made (in Korea??) with a plywood body core and maple front and back, bolt on necks on the early ones, set neck on the later ones. I have found a picture of a later set neck RG43 with five switches but the picture in the 2000 catalogue shows four switches and a bolt on neck. The posts I have read on R copies have said the main difference between genuine and a copy is that the copy will only have four knobs. Its a bit of a minefield.
What should I be looking for to make sure I am buying what I think it is?
were these made in Korea or China in 2000 -2001?
Any issues with the plywood body?

Also does anyone know if the lawsuit problem with Rickenbacker has been resolved - as there are now Rebelrocker and Rockinbetter guitars being offered for sale New in dealers?

Response by email would be welcome - I will be seeing it in the next few days.......
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back