Have i bought a Frankenfernandes? (Lots of Pics)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicbau

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I am new to the forum and would be very grateful if somebody could help me identify this Fernandes strat.

Been going trough a lots of "identify my Fernades" posts on the net but not been able to get a decisive answer to the question on what the hell i bought.

As you can see it has got the sticker on the back of the headstock and not stamped on the back plate and the pickups are ceramic suggesting it was made in the 90?s?

I removed the neck and the only thing stamped was ST(might have been more text at some point in time)on the body and some unreadable smudged pencil scribbling, Nothing on the neck except for some smudged red paint.

What do you experts think of it? Is it a ******* or a 90?s model of some sort?

Thanks in advance/Nicbau

2laevle.jpg

4l0vb5.jpg

zklgki.jpg

15do26g.jpg

2928op2.jpg

m4qd4.jpg

ivlv8w.jpg

1zqu1dv.jpg

2z3nk7k.jpg

Early 90's model RST-38. Usually the neck will have an "R8" stamp, but not always. Specs are Basswood body & ceramic pups. Nice guitars just not the same caliber as the early Revival series. 8)

Here's a link to the Fernandes site.

http://www.fernandes.co.jp/catalog/

All catalogs from 1973 to present

8)

Thanks a lot for the help and the link have been going through those catalogs the problem is you can't see any details. What made the the earlier ones so much better? T

Latest posts

Back