LS-160 shortage?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occupant

Reaction score
I've been wanting a Tokai LP for a while now, but wanted to buy new rather than look for the perfect deal on eBay. Many people here have had good experiences buying from Kurosawa, so I sent them an order inquiry. They said that they're sold out of LS-160s and don't expect to have more for at least six months. Looking at their site through Google's terrible translation, it seems to say that there's a production shortage. Does anyone know more about this, or perhaps another source that might have them available?

It's not really a production shortage, it's just that Tokai take about 4 to 6 months to manufacture orders.
If a dealer sells out too quickly and delayed placing his new order, then sometimes he'll be 'out of stock' until his new order arrives.

Tokai Japan can be classified as "boutique" guitar builders, they're not mass production.

There are two right now at Rock Inn in Shinjuku. One in cherry sunburst and one in violin burst. Same price, from memory it was 133,000 yen.

Not listed on Web site, but definitely there: http://www.rockinn.co.jp/

They also had a weird LP Custom Greplica - brown see-through plaintop. I forget the model number...

Not sure if the OP has lost interest, but today I also saw several more in Ochanimizu guitar shops. Some were at www.guitarplanet.co.jp which had many other Love Rock models, such as the HLS-155, which is similarly priced, but flame topped. Not sure of the spec - lacquer but with veneer, or poly with solid top?

I get confuzzled by the many variants!

Pick up some catalogues while you`re in the shops....look for Player magazines too, they always have ads from shops.

Back