Tokai announced a new guitar - LS-JIMMY

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratlt

Reaction score
Tokai announced a new guitar - Tokai Jimmy Sakurai signature LS-JIMMY

484948_222263641244951_1302397776_n.jpg

377610_222263744578274_1599156532_n.jpg

That's about ?4000 :roll: don't think I could sneak that past the mrs

It's a signature model for Jimmy Sakurai who is the japanese Jimmy Page copy. This is classic serendipity.
Must be the Jimmy Sakurai wiring then.
http://youtu.be/uoBs3vyI3Q0
Even Jimmy Page not using the Jimmy Page wiring much according to this.

gordon said:
Even Jimmy Page not using the Jimmy Page wiring much according to this.

True, but nevertheless it's something he is well known for and it massively expands the tonal possibilities of the guitar.

Have you tried the JP wiring?
I have looked at a schematic and I don't think I could handle this in a live situation.
I used to have p/p switching for coil split on some guitars. All gone.
I grew up on Rhythm / Treble and can't seem to be able to take it much further.

gordon said:
I have looked at a schematic and I don't think I could handle this in a live situation.
I used to have p/p switching for coil split on some guitars. All gone.
I grew up on Rhythm / Treble and can't seem to be able to take it much further.

Yeah, totally unnecessary for me; I have a Strat and a humbucker Tele and that's the end of it. Could be good for recording though.

I don't think JP even bothered with it for very long. I mean why would he when he had dozens of guitars to use in the studio, and live he was the only guitarist so no problems there.

Even Clapton's woman tone mod was, I suspect, a response to ongoing hearing damage, to which the ultimate solution was to change to a Strat! :lol:
(just a joke)

I believe he went back to stock on his No.1 - except for a push pull switch on the bridge pickup tone control, to flip the phase when combining neck-bridge. As in BB King, Peter Green tone.

...and edit...I see it's posted in the video by Gordon!

I do believe in 50ies wiring for LP guitars.

My 5-pos Strat is freakin' me out sometimes.
Tele, LP, ES everything 2 pups is right for me.

Was the original P.G. wiring done by accident or design btw? Did the guy just screw in the pickup in reverse because he was in a hurry or something?

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2011/Sep/The_Secret_of_Peter_Greens_Tone.aspx

"So, with the wiring intact, I decided to test the magnetic polarity with a compass. Bingo! The magnet was reversed on one pickup. Because the pickup internals looked undisturbed, I concluded that it must have been a mistake at the factory. With Gibson having made over ten thousand electric guitars that year, the odds of the mistake showing up in Green?s guitar seems incredible. But strangely enough, Joe Bonamassa recently acquired an original ?burst with the same condition!"

gordon said:

Yep, its been on my love rock for a decade. I love it! certain combos are more useful than others and I use stock settings the most, but there are some great unique sounds in there and I have no problem setting them up. it helps that I also use the hatbox style knobs though.

Lol Barks, I didn't know that.
Was supecting, though.
Haha, that's funny. What a great article! Thanks for sharing!

Almost as funny as Clapton getting busted by the cops for cranking his marshall to 11 at neil youngs house and getting arrested mainly because he was a brit in the late 60ies.

Latest posts

Back