Breezy Sound Paisley pre 85?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzztone

Reaction score
Hi,I posted these photos in the "Tokai Guitars" section but somebody told me that my guitar was a pre 85 model. The headstock logo has been removed so I am not sure but The guy I bought it from said it is a Tokai TTE70 Breezy Sound. Can anyone here tell me when it was made from the photos below?

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Hi Fuzztone,
first of all the neck is not from this guitar. The serial# L23107 indicates a rosewood board, and the neck and body stamp are completely different [4-28 vs 8-12]
I would say the body and all parts on it are original but the neck was changed at a later date. The '70' sticker seems to have been transposed also.
I was working for Tokai when the first paisley Tele's were released which was around 1985. Some may have been releasd sooner (Nov-Dec '84) but I am pretty confidant that none were earlier than that
regards
Peter Mac

Peter Mac said:
Hi Fuzztone,
first of all the neck is not from this guitar. The serial# L23107 indicates a rosewood board, and the neck and body stamp are completely different [4-28 vs 8-12]
I would say the body and all parts on it are original but the neck was changed at a later date. The '70' sticker seems to have been transposed also.
I was working for Tokai when the first paisley Tele's were released which was around 1985. Some may have been releasd sooner (Nov-Dec '84) but I am pretty confidant that none were earlier than that
regards
Peter Mac

Thanks for the info Peter! How do you read the neck and body codes? You said "The serial# L23107 indicates a rosewood board"
Not to doubt you but I have seen other Tokai Paisley teles with an L+5 serial #(see below). Maybe that one was changed too?

Anyway is there any way to confirm the information you provided? I did not buy the the tele as a "parts" guitar so if file a complaint with the seller I need some kind of proof that the guitar is not original as was stated by the seller. Thanks for your help.

Tokai%20paisley%20tele%20CF800Promo.jpg

Tokai%20paisley%20tele%20CBk4-800.jpg

marcusnieman said:
Not a big fan of that seller.....

Haha,I did not buy my guitar from that dealer,I just copied the photos. That guitar has been on their website for at least 4 years. I sent emails to ask about it a couple of times but never received an reply,weird.

hi
looks like the picture from the jv guitars .... it looks like it has a L serial
hard to see but i think it is a L serial
all the best
otto

Yes and I have seen other Paisley Tokai Teles with L***** serial numbers on the internet .I saw a 1986 Tokai Breezy sound Pink Paisley serial number L21980 for sale in the classified section of this forum and there is this one in the Tokai Register:

Model: Vintage series
Tokai Model: ATE-67
Serial Number: L23890
Date of Purchase: ?
New/Used: Used
Color: Paisley

Johny Atomic told me his ATE-67 has an L*****

tmtokais.jpg

But then there is also this one owned by forum member Judge Roy

serial number: is 226905

2324129901_e5415a894d_b.jpg

2324119733_b92825dd05_b.jpg

2324126505_e3348c1672_b.jpg

There was a blue one up on Yahoo about a month ago...L serial as well and a maple neck.
Wasn't there a thread here about an ST-80 having a diff neck code vs body and the same codes were on a guitar sold my Villager?
Perhaps they mixed and matched at the factory...old stock necks lying around.

Another funny thing about mine is.It doesn't look like the logo was removed. It looks like it never had one. Is the decal on Breezy Sounds placed under the clear coat or on top of it? Mine looks like it has the original factory finish but there is no trace of a decal.

DSCF3140.jpg

Where can I get a decal that looks like these original ones?

The reproduction sold by "The Decal Shop"(left) looks a little different than the original ones I have seen(middle and right). It says "BREEZY SOUND" instead of "BREEZYSOUND".

Which logo would my guitar have had originally?

breezy.jpg
9d24a557-1.jpg
2324957456_469512cd8e_b-2.jpg

Hi guys,

It would have had the 3rd logo as the first 2 were discontinued by 1983 and Paisley Teles weren't released until 1984.

Peter Mac

You need to replace the tone knob with a correct one though!! ;)

I still have the neck, control plate and bridge pickup from my paisley Breezysound. Got mine in Early 85 and it had the pointed headstock, but old Breezysound logo.

Serial said:
You need to replace the tone knob with a correct one though!! ;)

I still have the neck, control plate and bridge pickup from my paisley Breezysound. Got mine in Early 85 and it had the pointed headstock, but old Breezysound logo.

Thanks! Do you have a photo of yours? So the volume knob is the correct kind for this guitar? Where can I find another like that?

DSCF4419-1.jpg

Back