• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1980 Tokai LS-80 Les Paul Reborn

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3pupLPC

Reaction score
I am jumping into the vintage Gibson market so I need to dump a few things to justify... so my favorite MIJ has to go. 1980 LS-80 Les Paul Reborn. Stamped board, Les Paul logo, earliest 1980 model. It is in great condition, a beautiful player, and in need of nothing. Includes the original Tokai HSC in excellent condition.

$2150 plus shipping with the mod's I have done, which include Manlius Landmark PAF in neck, and Hot Rod '59 in bridge, Sprague Vitamin Q caps, and mini-pots. Or $1950 plus shipping put back to stock.

Sad to see it go, but I need to make room.

I am in the US, but will ship international, but all of the silly shipping and insurance rules will have to be addressed.

lpreborn-03.jpg

SAM_0239.jpg

SAM_0238.jpg

SAM_0242.jpg

SAM_0240.jpg

SAM_0237.jpg

Nice... what vintage Gibson are you considering? I have a couple on my list:

ES330 - old one with black dog ear P90's instead of nickel. Any finish

SG Junior - old one. Such tuff guitars......

marcusnieman said:
Nice... what vintage Gibson are you considering? I have a couple on my list:

ES330 - old one with black dog ear P90's instead of nickel. Any finish

SG Junior - old one. Such tuff guitars......

Marcus,

I have my eye on a 1959 Les Paul Junior. Fell in love and I can't shake it..

cashcow said:
Beauty. :p What's the weight? What's the neck profile? Are the original pups the covered ones?

Thanks. I will have to get it down to the post office to weigh her.. I don't have a digi kitchen scale. Probably a hair over 9. The neck is on the thinner side, but not sure I would call it a 60's. It is a little thinner than my R9, and much thinner than my R7. Yes, the covered pups are the originals.

3pupLPC said:
I have my eye on a 1959 Les Paul Junior. Fell in love and I can't shake it..

They are superb!!!! Great guitars.

But thats a lovely LS80 at a good price, good luck with it.

My apologies everyone. I ahve been offline for over a month, adn have missed some questions and PMs.

For those for asking (and I should have put it in the main post), this one weighs 8.92 lbs.

Latest posts

Back