• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1982 Fender JV ST57-115 Strat - now on ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wknight2

Reaction score
SUPER RARE 1982 Fender JV ST 57-115 Stratocaster.
** 400 price drop ** $2,800 or best offer.
This guitar was from the peak of the lawsuit era Fender guitars. The neck date reads 8/19/82. Note this is not the Squire JV, this is the top of the line Fender JV from that time period, modeled after the 1957 Strat. The Fender JV ST57 115 is the flagship vintage Fender JV guitar. This one is a first issue JV strat, meaning its the most collectible and sought-after. She's in magnificent condition, has an alder body and nitrocellulose (nitro) lacquer finish. Only the top of the line ST 115 models used original USA Fender parts: Sprague orange cap, CTS pots, steel tremelo block, Fender USA made alnico pickups, 3 way CRL switch, electronics, hardware, and pick-guard, maple neck, aged plastic pickup covers, knobs, switch tip. Many consider this guitar to be the best strat ever made (and closest to the vintage specs).
You can see more high-res pictures at
http://mycoolguitars.com/fender-jv-st57-115-sunburst/

Email is the best way to reach me:
Ed at MyCoolGuitars.com

Also for sale: 1967 Gibson EDS1275 doubleneck

now on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251340052370

Hi Cliff! Thanks! Hope you're still enjoying the Dry Zs and the Burny!
Ed

Fender JV ST57-115 still for sale.
Budda: Sold
Tom Murhpy Goldtop: Sold
Gibson EDS1275 still for sale

Fender JV ST57-115 still for sale, best offer.
Also for sale, Hamer USA 25th Anniversary Artist w/case near mint, rare $950
and for local NJ/NYC pickup only, a Roland Jazz Chorus 120 JC120 Rare USA Made early 80s $650 or best offer...

Gibson EDS-1275 still for sale

wknight2 said:
Fender JV ST57-115 still for sale.
Budda: Sold
Tom Murhpy Goldtop: Sold
Gibson EDS1275 still for sale

** $400 price drop **
$2800 or best offer
More pictures here:
http://mycoolguitars.com/fender-jv-st57-115-sunburst/
Alder body and nitrocellulose (nitro) lacquer finish.
Original USA Fender parts: Sprague orange cap, CTS pots, steel tremelo block, Fender USA made alnico pickups, 3 way CRL switch, electronics, hardware, and pick-guard
THE top of the line: Fender JV ST57-115

Nice guitar. How do these compare with the top end Grecos, Tokais, and Fullerton strats?

Hi:
I base my opinion on owning and playing the ones you mention, as well as discussions I've had with other collectors. But its just my personal opinion.

The JV ST57-115 is the rarest.
It is imo definitely better than a Fullerton strat.
The highest end Tokai was a ST100, the St57-115 had a higher list price, one could infer that meant better materials and construction, but that's not a given. I love my Tokai ST100.

I had 2 and sold one to Aus recently, and he loves it too. I have 2 St57-115s, and like it a just a little more. Perhaps its the pickups in it that I like a little better?

I love Greco Les Pauls - I sold all my Gibsons after playing one. But my opinion is the ST57-115 strat is better that the Greco strat, so I sold my highest end Greco strats.
Again, this is just my opinion. The highest model of the Greco, Tokai, and the ST57-115 will never disappoint you. They are all top-tier instruments.

Sigmania said:
Nice guitar. How do these compare with the top end Grecos, Tokais, and Fullerton strats?
fenderjvst115sunbursthmguitars-23.jpg

Latest posts

Back