Re Tokai Love Rock LS75F?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfguy13

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Some help please. I have what I was told is a 2003 LS75F and yet I have checked pickup cavities and can find nothing that confirms the model. Am I missing something?

The serial number is: 0306552 This is a photo of the guitar:

tokai011.jpg

This is a photo of one the pickups:

tokai001.jpg

This is the control cavity:

tokai006.jpg

Headstock:

tokai013.jpg

Any information would be great, I have no idea what materials have been used other than the obvious 2-piece mahogany back and mahogany neck.

Weight is 9.2 lbs

Many thanks

Guy

DaveWW said:
Hi, I think it's a 2003 LS80F as I think in 2003 the plain top was LS75. It's essentially the same guitar as shown here in the 2000 catalogue as an LS70F. They change the model number based on the selling price so the equivalent guitar today would now be something like an LS98.

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai20009.jpg

Hey, that's really helpful thanks! The guy I bought the guitar from didn't know what model it was but thought it was the LS75F.

I'm a bit unsure about the pickups - they sound OK but not brilliant. Be interested if anyone has any recommendations for alternatives?

Beautiful!

Colour is HDC, Heritage Dark Cherry.
If a Cherryburst is too red, and a Violin Finish is too light, then HDC is perfection. :D

Diamond said:
Beautiful!

Colour is HDC, Heritage Dark Cherry.
If a Cherryburst is too red, and a Violin Finish is too light, then HDC is perfection. :D

Good to know what the colour is too! I have to say that the finish, even though I'm guessing it's poly, is just amazing and the burst is as good if not better than any Gibson I've seen.

I've now had a couple of days with it and put it through all my amps and it's just a GREAT guitar. I expected the pickups to be poor but they are pretty **** good and now that I've set the guitar up with 11-49s it just sings.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone would suggest any mods? The guitar has had orange drop caps installed but is otherwise stock.

surfguy13 said:
I'd be interested to hear if anyone would suggest any mods? The guitar has had orange drop caps installed but is otherwise stock.

Most folks here are fond of the Faber locking bridge/studs, and their aluminium tailpiece is a good buy too.

Paladin2019 said:
surfguy13 said:

Most folks here are fond of the Faber locking bridge/studs, and their aluminium tailpiece is a good buy too.

Yeah, a mate of mine swears by Faber stuff - it's made in Germany I think? I have the locking tonepros bridge and stop tail on my Jack Briggs and they are superb.

Thanks for the advice..

frederikb said:
Replace the pickups with Bareknuckle pickups... I can recommend The Mule

I had a Tokai LP many years ago, again I think it was a LS75, which had BK Mules fitted. Really nice pickups but I eventually changed them for Seymour Duncan Antiquities and they definitely gave me the tone I was looking for. Slightly less hot than the Mules.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Latest posts

Back