• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 2004 History ZMS-CFS (BS) Semi Hollow MIJ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpened_Flat

Reaction score
For those who encounter 'History' brand for the first time, it is a house brand of Shimamura gakki(music shop in Japanese), one of the prominent musical instrument franchises in Japan. The guitar itself is made by Fujigen, which has been crafting OEM guitars for Ibanez, Greco, and Yamaha since 1960, so there is no compromise to top quality.

This guitar is in super mint condition, except a few very thin scratches on the rear body which you wouldn't even notice at a glimpse.

Original gig bag + accessories including the full set of History original strings(in addition to the ones strung on the guitar), hex wrench, pickup, cable are all coming along with this beautiful guitar.

Specs:

Body) Maple top + Mahogany side/back
Neck) Mahogany
Fretboard) Rosewood
Pickup) Louis BH-1n, BH-1b

Price: $790 + shipping fee (Japan Post)

The detailed description is here - http://www.sharpenedflat.com/vintage-guitar/History-ZMS-CFS-(BS)-0036

body_angled.jpg

I own some History guitars, in 2004 they were still using Timeless Timber, only in the past couple of years have they changed to Heritage wood...probably the same timbers found at the bottom of the Great Lakes but maybe provided by a different company, not sure why they changed the name. Anyways...that wood was used on the top end models only, the ZMS models did not have the Timeless Timber, one way to verify that is by the pick-ups, the Louis BH p`ups were not used on the high end models either...another way is the Timeless Timber, it would say so on the back of the headstock. They are nice guitars, I love mine, even the lower end stuff is extremely well made but original selling prices were very different between lower ends and high ends. According to my 2005 catalogues, the ZMS was not made with Timeless Timber in 2004. Heritage Wood is not used on all History guitars as described in your link, just the top end models and it was called Timeless Timber in 2004. I could be wrong, but from what I see in your link, not a Timeless Timber or Heritage Wood model.

Back