Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Left handed tokai les paul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coppernicked
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Left handed tokai les paul Reply with quote

Hi, I'm very new to the site so forgive me if this question has been asked before. I've just bought a left handed tokai love rock which has no serial number on it. It has a 3 screw truss rod cover which is not bell shaped. I cannot find any serial numbers anywhere. Is this Japanese or Korean? It was sold to me as Japanese.
hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Left handed tokai les paul Reply with quote

coppernicked wrote:
I cannot find any serial numbers anywhere. Is this Japanese or Korean? It was sold to me as Japanese.

Usually the Japanese have stamped serial numbers, but maybe this one doesn't, because it was a special order being left-handed. I don't know if the Korean factory also builds these models.
whitehall
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Korean. I'm a lefty, the newer Japan guitars are labeled made in Japan under the poly for just this reason. A lot of the Korean Les Pauls have a clear plastic decal on the back of the headstock, which is very easy to peel off.
coppernicked
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: lefty tokai Reply with quote

Thanks both of you for the reply. It's as I suspected. I've spoken to Bob at Tokai UK and he says the same - it's Korean. Lance
tokaiguy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site is set up so that the MIJ /Korea thing can't happen! Take some time and get educated! Realize that the modern day guitar store is where the future used car salesman learns the swindle! I wouldn't take the word of a guy who makes minimum wage on what I should throw my $$$ at! So look before you cross the street, there are alot of guys hanging out on the corner who wouldn't think a thing about pushing you infront of an oncoming Bus! Beware my Brethren! TG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: