Custom White Mint Collection?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also wanted to mention this neck profile is different then the early to mid 80"s Mint Standards I have. It's fatter deeper rounder. But not too much but definitely NOT the same neck as an earlier Mint. But I love it just the same.

I've been playing the Duke the last 2 days in rehearsal since it has Evertune on it and sounds amazing. It has Z's in it so I decided to put Z's also in the new White guitar I get back from Glaser tomorrow. I have a few sets of Z's in Nickel and I decided to pick the oldest funkiest nastiest set just in case I wanna sell the others but I need to recover it in Gold. So I pull one cover off and guess what color the pickups is? LOL WHITE. And here it is. If the other one is white I'm gonna faint.
IMG-20121010-00009.jpg

IMG-20121010-00010.jpg

Darn. It's black.. I was gonna leave the covers off in the white guitar. That could have been killer.

That's not cream that is WHITE WHITE. But only one so I can't leave them uncovered. how ironic is that though. Going in the white guitar that I have been working on all week..

The Evertune is in the fret board divits have been filled in and the fret board leveled. Joe wanted to let it sit over night to settle and dry before they plek'd it so I pick it up at noon tomorrow. Then I will change the pickups to the Z's and take some pictures and rehearse the show. And I better be in love.... The reason I'm switching to Z's is cause they clean up better than the Screamins and I need that. They clean up amazing as a matter of fact.

It's the bionic custom !!! Looks awesome and you lok like your havin a blast playin her, doesn't get much better than that !!!

Sound check heads were turning as soon as I plugged in and I couldn't believe how good it sounded. It was fun. This guitar is thicker than any of my others. Not sure why but it's cool.

Mitch is representin' !! Looks good on you.

I just got my '89 EGC68 60 Ebony (colour) in and am busy with it, didn't come with a wheel though but man is it ever dirty, needs a new nut etc.

Enjoy the fruits of your long labour

I feel sorry for people who don't know about Greco. But I rarely tell anyone. LOL So not that sorry I guess. LOL An old friend who's touring and playing new custom made stuff and PRS has never played one of my Grecos but he said to me "oh great when your dead and gone you are leaving firewood to your family. I didn't even respond. LOL Like the Grecos don't appreciate? Wrong. But I'm not pushing them on anyone. Most people think I'm nuts and don't care anyway..

isn't this gold hardware?
Did I miss something, I thought you said you only found nickel HW for it?

Either way, it looks killer, any more pics? :)

Yes its all gold I went the extra mile to say the least and made it happen the way it should happen. It actually doesn't have the metal pointer rings around the knobs yet I will aslo do that to give it the finishing touch. It's a great guitar. Light and full of Dry Z tone but the guitar has a thud to it all it's own. A real thick low end and a rich chimy high end. It's a great guitar. After the Glaser refret and plek and the dry Z's and the new knobs and the cleaning of the paint and the Evertune. And of course the removal of the wheel. It went from a broken down joke to a world class instrument. It had the bones though. Gotta have that to begin with.

Latest posts

Back