Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fender MIM classic '60 reverse headstock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mirrorboy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iainblack wrote:
Francesco, here' your Inter guitar. It is a dark blue even though it looks black:

Iain, you should be making guitars for Gucci or Tiffany or some such. That's amazing work
bluesyrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@iain: i don't know why but all the 50th anniversary stratocaster were with 1 ply 11 screw pickguard also...
About mine we have to think that it's a '66 reissue, not a '62... i have to check on my books about that...
Anyway, cts pots, oak switch, alnico pick ups... alder body (as far as i know californian made like the neck...)... sounds great

iainblack
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirrorboy, thank you for the high praise however I cannot claim credit for this one. It is a custom made job I picked up in cash converters in Bolton. It has the Dimebag humbucker in the neck position and 2 other seymore duncan stacked / rail humbuckers in the other position, gold plated spretzel locking tuners, licensed gold floyd rose and fully copper shielded under the black metal scratchplate, it also has all sorts of ciol taps and pot switches so lots of sounds abound. It has a reverse jackson style headstock with no logo, two piece body etc. I tried to sell it at the Heydock guitar fair but no takers. I will have it on sale again at the Aintree guitar fayre on 25th November but if it does not sell I will probably break it down (sacralige I know!) but the parts should get me ?350 even though I'm selling it for less than that! Maybe '80s metal will come back in!

Francesco, do you mean '69 copy - a Hendrix buff will tell us the Isle of Wight model I'm sure. Also do you have to wear an afro wig and military tunic when playing it?
bluesyrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, to be finicky, mine is a '67 copy actually with some incorrect detail.

The pickguard: according to Tony Bacon in 1965 the pickguard became 1 ply 11 screws for a (short??) period (CBS era, large headstock) i never seen one. I recall that 11 screwed pickguard is a bit different starting from '65 because the up screw between neck and middle pick up return back near the middle single coil cover (like the '54-'59 era)... so who knows if there is around a '67 single plyed PG strat?

'65-'66 maple neck (1 piece like mine) didn't exist but was an option for '67-68. So mine could be a '67 maple option copy . The current copy has a different truss rod head (at the nut, not at the end of the neck) though.

in '68/'69 strats had 3 ply scratch plate for sure but slab maple board and different logo

correct '66

'68-'69 (Hendrix belonged) slightly different tuners and fretted maple neck...

bluesyrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i just realized that my strat has an original '77 Fender usa case...

not bad, lucky purchase!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: